Subject Author Posted Replies

How Do You Cut Railroad Ties?
Hi, I am disassembly an old retaining wall made of railroad ties. I get about 3 cuts per chain saw chain before they become uselessly dull. Forget a hand saw or axe. Is there a better way to cut those...
26
26

Removing paint stain
How can i remove stains that were left on my ceiling after removing painters tape ?
9
9

Breaker tripping
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker tripping when MW and gas oven were both on? Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the breaker, which I am going to...
8
8

Anchoring small rugs
This has always been a hassle. I bought a $14 sticky rug anchor piece, cut it up and put under small rugs at doors and in bathroom. The anchor stays put, but the damn RUG moves. Yesterday I saw a...
13
13

Humorous true work story
I got fired from a food production line once because I got caught with my finger in the pickle slicer. To be fair, they fired the pickle slicer too.
2
2

Just wondering
No posts show up since 8 15 2010 WW
2
2

Self locking folding hinge
Have been asked for advice on making a folding wooden walking stick for a large heavy man. So its got to be something a bit stronger than usual. Was thinking of something like using 2 inches (5cm) by...
14
14

Cabinet hinges
I'll need to make new wall cabinets (maple 3/4" ply, about 3' 6" tall). I'm thinking about hinges. perhaps: It seems to me that there are a few things to consider: What tools are required to mount...
5
5

home boiler trouble
Before I go into deep detail here I am putting this question out just in case there may be something I overlooked. I installed this boiler and controls (complete) 35 years ago and maintained it ever...
4
4

How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw
Do you know where to find the tune-up procedure for the Sears Craftsman 358.351.800 18 inch chain saw? Ever since it was new, my two-stroke Sears Craftsman 358351.800 18" 40cc chain saw has been...
141
141

Broken bollard
So I have some concrete bollards lining my driveway and some idiot delivery man hit one backing out and it has broken. Is there an easier way to remove/replace it than breaking it up?...
11
11

French Drain: Holes Up For Gutter Sludge?
I'm installing a French drain that will also be accepting water from several of my gutters. I have installed gutter gaurds on all of the gutters, so that should eliminate large debris from clogging up...
9
9

Low voltage/underground wiring question
I'm helping a friend install a solar pool heater for an inground pool. There will be a solar pool controller mounted on the side of the house. This controller runs the pump and valves and basicly...
10
10

Sink Drains
I am having my bathrooms remodeled and would like to keep my sinks, but replace the metal drains. Is this easy to do, or do I risk cracking the sink basin? Many thanks. Kate
19
19

Follow-up on Golf-Cart charger
So, where were we? Even though the manager said I could throw away the chargers, I would never get rid of parts for anything until the original problem is resolved. Today I got a call from the other...
6
6