Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint over linoleum
I have a very small bathroom and the linoleum floor looks horrible. Rather than replace same I was wondering if I could paint over it. If yes, what kind of paint to I use and anything else I need to...
23
23

Special brushes for varnish
Was in Camden Town the other day with some time to waste. Ended up looking around a quite well stocked ironmongers that had a lot of good paint brushes hanging up. There were a few brushes there in...
3
3

TOTO toilets shortcoming
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not interested in getting down to floor level to find it. On this...
15
15

"Get out of my shower!"
From the Wall Street Journal: "In May, the DOE stunned the plumbing-products industry when it said it would adopt a strict definition of the term 'showerhead' in enforcing standards that have been on...
6
6

looking for appliance repair tool
Hey all. I am looking for a centerpost seal installer tool as used on older Kenmore/WP belt drives, as well as newer Kenmore/WP direct drive washers. It installs the seal that is placed over the main...
2
2

Stud finder question
I have this small slightly over 2' wall in bathroom of an older house. I used my finder and got a reaction right almost in the center of that wall. I then drilled a small hole to confirm it. I did hit...
10
10

Hardipanel for shed siding
We are planning construction of a garden shed to store garden tractor, yard tools, and "stuff" (and regain use of my garage shop). We are considering Smart Siding, Hardi Panel and T-11 (T1-11). Like...
1
1

Cast Iron T Pipe rusted through
I have a cast iron tee on the outside of my house which has rusted through on the bottom, with a 1/2" by 2" hole. It is connected with a threaded fitting to a pipe with sits flush to the stucco of the...
4
4

Free HF Flashlight exp 12/31/10
I used this coupon Saturday and it works. Hard to Google this coupon, with all the expired ones out there.
7
7

OT airplane safety instructions
Now why didn't they think of this earlier? With the current state of affairs, nobody watches the safety instruction demonstrations. This would change all of that. something interesting happened on my...
9
9

Painting Tire Rims
I'm looking for ideas for painting the Wagon Wheel rims for my trailer. I need to replace the tires, so I figure this is a good time to clean- up the rims also. They have some rust, so I know I'll be...
24
24

Kitchen Aid Dryer broke last night, still produces heat, but doesn't spin
Hello I have an electric Kitchen Aid 'heavy duty' washer and dryer in my garage. They came with the house, they could be 10 yrs old, but I'm not sure. Last night the dryer broke. It still produces...
7
7

Need Help Repairing a SMALL Section of Diagonal Tongue and Groove Subfloor
I have a small section of flooring that was ruined (went, dry-rotted) by a leaking steam radiator. The weight of the radiator along with the moisture has caused the wood to deteriorate under a portion...
1
1

unmounting old bathroom sink
I bought a new sink to go in my '29 bathroom. Now, to get rid of the old wall mount caste iron one. I don't see how it is mounted. What I think is that it may be on some kind of a clip (near the top)...
11
11

cost for new dishwasher console
dishwasher console (switches and ribbon cable) went out and i replaced it in about 5 minutes...just curious if i saved any money vs a service call...
4
4