Subject Author Posted Replies

Combo toilet and wash-basin
Well, why not? Pic
6

GE dryer quitting
I would check to see that the vent is clear, and meets GE specs for length and bends. Years ago, I had two incidents where GE dryers would trip the breakers mid cycle. It turned out that there were...
12
12

How do I cut plexiglass?
I got to remove a few inches to fit in a window. It's a big piece too, almost 4 feet and I have to cut off 2 inches the fill length. How do I cut plexiglass?
35
35

Safety and OSHA rules...
..regarding hard hats. http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/epic-fail-hard-hat-fail.jpg
1
1

Cotton rope
OK, here is the quick and simple. I obtained some cotton "boat rope" with the express purpose to convert segments into tug toys for two really big dogs. Cotton because what I've read says this is...
15
15

Toilet tank
Hola, amigos y amigas Here's a pic of problem in my toilet tank: [IMG] is on Tiny Pic, and I'm shaky about uploading, so hope you can find it) A few weeks ago I started hearing a trickling sound in...
4
4

Large wattage CFL with small base
I am looking for a high wattage CFL with a min-candelabra base. I have found 40 and 60 watt equivalent ones, but they are sadly very dim. This is for a small ceiling fan light that takes 2 such lamps....
5
5

HF free flashlights
Has anyone noticed that they are now putting alkaline cells in the free flashlights? Instead of the heavy duty cells in the other two I have. That's nice. I just hope they don't leak like the...
12
12

How to use smoke to find mouse hole????
I live in a trailer house. A few years ago I had a problem with mice. I finally found a hole in the floor in a corner. I replaced some wood and put some tin under that corner. The mouse problem was...
2
2

Legal number of tandem circuit breakers in a panel
Last night I had a double-tapped breaker fail. Turns out the former owner put most of the overhead lighting, and the living room outlets, on these two taps. It's a Cutler-Hammer box so the double-tap...
7
7

Solution to obstructed view from driveway....
Small farm on two lane road, speed limit 50 mph. No shoulder, fence along the road is about 4 feet from the road. Just an estimate, didn't measure. Good deal of landscaping on/along the fence that...
20
20

Electric dryer problem
I have a 10 year old Whirlpool electric front load dryer. Several months ago it overheated and stopped. Had to wait for it to cool and then it started again. It worked fine after that (we use it...
4
4

Power supply for landscape lights question
I have an old TORO landscape timer/PS in my basement which feeds 3-4 watt lights outside for a total of 12 watts. Because I am finishing my basement, I have to remove the timer from the block wall....
4
4

OT: Getting Through Phone a Phone Menu
I got involved with one of those voice-response phone menues while trying to resolve an unusual problem with a cell phone this weekend. The robot-lady said, "If you want help with a payment, say...
6
6

Manufacture date for automatic storage water heater
Trying to figure out date my GSW6 electric boiler was manufactured.
1
1