Subject Author Posted Replies

Garden hoses
Bought one of these kink free 35' hoses from Sears, I hate it. Darn thing won't lay flat since I coil on a hose hanger. Wish I would have bought a 3/4" instead of the 5/8", but they didn't have it...
16
16

advice on flood damage prevention
Hi, I have some crawlspace vents near the base of the house that are 16x9. I am getting sandbags and plastic ready in case, but I read that cutting plywood boards to place up against the brick, and...
7
7

What is the difference between scanning for channels and going directly to one?
I know all the differences between analog and digital tuning in general, just not what happens when one enters 1 3, for example, on the remote. What is the difference between scanning for channels and...
12
12

ELECTRIC DRYER?
We have an electric clothes dryer that isn't drying any more...Takes forever for the load to get done...The Q. is, do these things go bad, as in the element? Or could, as they say, it be blocked with...
14
14

Remodeling Basement Stairs
My home is a bungalow. I have done many projects from drywalling, tiles, electrical, blah blah blah but have never done stairs. My basement is finished and I want to continue on up the stairs,...
4
4

computer Surge Suppressor-protector question
Hibernation is not turning it off and you need power to the PC. It is the lowest power setting though. If you want to turn off the surge suppressor your will need to "shut-down".
90
90

storage area insulating
Hi group: I have a storage area in a bedroom over our garage. The area has soffits to allow the area to breathe. My question started when I visited the home and garden show this past weekend. A couple...
2
2

Some Unusual Home Repair Businesses
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff Home - 500 Ways
10
10

Frogtape
Has anyone used the gel-edged Frogtape masking tape for painting? Bobby G. http://www.frogtape.com/How%20FrogTape%20Works.aspx
15
15

Grill
I'd like to put in a little patio and grill at the rental. I've got a mason from Matamoros on hand so I'm thinking what can I do. Any ideas? I was thinking a cement block grill with a skim coat,...
4
4

any opinon on empire carpet?
just got a quote for $3300 installed of 35 oz carpet with 6 pound padding...4 rooms. any opinons?
25
25

Faucet dripping
I bought a new Grohe faucet in my bathroom, and installed it. Everything was good for a few days, but then it started dripping. So I got a replacement cartridge from Grohe, and installed it without...
4
4

Pressure wash or scrub stucco?
The paint on my stucco on concrete block house is chalky and peeling and even cracking in a couple of places. Everyone here, in south Florida, seems to pressure wash stucco before painting, but I am...
10
10

CRAZY ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
MY ELECTREIC IS HAUNTED. I HAVE A 100 AMP SERVICE 220 IN TO 100 AMP 1 SEEMS TO BE OK BUT LINE 2 IS THE PROBLEM.I HAVE OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON LINE 2 A 220 WATER HEATER ON 1 AND 2. When the water heater is...
6
6

Question about a fuse on a transformer in AC
------------------------------------- I have a L37-310 transformer in our air conditioner unit seen here the fuse got blown because this house is weird and every time the heat gets turned on after the...
10
10