Subject Author Posted Replies

tire inflator repair
I have Craftsman battery-powered tire inflator. It can be charged either from a car cigarette lighter or by house current. I really like it and I have had it for several years. The hose got old and...
10
10

Sump Pump problem
A little background... I bought my house with a full finished basement in 2004. A sump pump is located in the boiler room and is there for the toilet, sink and shower in the basement bathroom We never...
36
36

No stop on this saw.
http://search.jocohistory.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/ophs

replacement switch for a Pro Standard pedestal fan?
I have a Pro Standard pedestal fan that was purchased from Lowes probably 8-10 years ago. It has good velocity and fairly sturdy construction (metal blades, etc)- except for the 3 speed switch which...
10
10

Washer not filling all the way
Have an approximately 10 year old Whirlpool top load washer. It's not filling as full as it used to on "Super size" setting. Where should I be looking to DIY repair this? Is the fill level based on a...
3
3

40:1 or 50:1 two-stroke tools (what to do if you have both)?
I have 40:1 and 50:1 two-stroke tools - which I'm inclined to use the same fuel for all of them. What do you do given some two-stroke tools are 40:1 while others are 50:1? a) Do you maintain two...
70
70

Pool hose 1 1/2 inch diameter at 60 feet (or two smaller hoses linked together?)
Anyone here have experience with pool hoses? The length 'needed' is 60 feet of 1 1/2 inch hose. Leslie's pool supply says you can only get 35 feet of 1 1/2; if I want 60 feet, it jumps to 2 inch hose...
20
20

window mounted a/c unit
my 3 year old haier a/c unit stopped working and instead of tossing it i am going to fart around with it to see if i can get it going. when i plug in the power cord i hear an audible beep, the power...
20
20

type of chalking needed ?
I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. Looks like it needs re-chalking - (the exhaust pipe from the oil burner to the chimney area) The previous owners were the ones that did it...
7
7

How To Repair Crumbling Cinder Block?
How can I fix the problem shown in the following pictures: crumbling cinder block is right next to the side door of a garage. Some of the door frame can be seen inside the hole but there is also some...
13
13

steel plate to reinforce joist
Here's a joist under my bathtub that needs to be strengthened: Picture at 'm planning to attach a steel plate to the front side of this joist, and a 2x10 to the back side. The plumber said he can make...
10
10

new shower glass door installed- company put on a special coating on glass
I just had a new glass shower door installed... The company where I bought the glass door said they put on a sealer so that it will prevent scum from accumulating.. They say when water hits the glass...
10
10

Repairing patio furniture
We have some cedar furniture in need of repair. Don't know the technical term, but it's like tongue & groove. The seat slats are the tongue, and go into a groove of a board, which the board is then...
10
10

Concrete tents - easy to build they say.
Hope this isn't ot - these could be used for a garage, shop, chicken house, etc. Bob-tx all that glitters is not plastic - read below LONDON (AlertNet) - Two British engineers have scooped a global...
24
24

Where have all the powers gone?
Where have all the powers gone, long time passing? A somewhat interesting story. No advice needed, but I'll bet it's forthcoming. :) I always turn most of my radios on with the sleep switch, including...
1
1