snowblower - ariens/tecumseh carb problem

Hi
Hopefully someone has experienced this. I have an old ariens with a 6hp tecumseh engine. Lately (last snowfall) it seems to have no power and is running rich (gas in a mist coming out the carb). I tried adjusting the main mixture on the bottom of the bowl, but this has not resolved anything. The engine idles fine but under full throttle runs rough, and with any load will start to stall.
The spark plug is new, so that is not in the equation. I think it has something to do with the carb, but any adjustments don't seem to resolve the rich running situation. Any suggestions / ideas are welcome.
Bently

No help here - but I just picked up an Ariens / Tecumseh with a 32" auger for free cause they couldn't keep it running and now they can't start it. The first thing I notice is the shroud over the carb is difficult to get off and when I finally did I found the throttle / governor linkage seized by crud and rust. I am guessing nobody had it off previously. I drained all the gas out but the carb bowl looks pretty clean. That's as far as I got so far. Too damn cold to work long outdoors.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

My blower does not have a shroud, everything is free and clean, the bowl and jets are clean, it just doesn't run very well at full throttle.

I intentionally mentioned the governor linkage. Any springs missing ? Any linkage look loose ?
Srgnt Billko wrote:

no everything is intact and working smoothly. I took the bowl off and checked the float and all is well there, it moves freely and I also checked the float for holes or cracks and found none. I put it in water to make sure that it floats and it does. I also looked at the needles that I have been adjusting they also seem to be in good shape. I guess I will have to take it in to a shop as I have run out of ideas
Float sticking?
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley
Mel M Kelly wrote:

no I checked that, it's fine