Ariens Snowblower Screw Question, Please: Metric ?

Hi,

Have a several year old Ariens Snowblower.

Can't seem to find a parts list for it.

Question: The bearing blocks on the side plates that hold the Auger shaft

Are the screws most likely Metric or English ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

How about a model number?

Any bolt I've dealt with on my SnoTek (Ariens) have been metric, but it's only about 5 years old.

Why do you ask? Why don't you take one out and check it?

I know you called it a screw, but is a bolt or a screw? If it's a bolt, only the proper socket will fit properly, so you'll know right away. If it's a screw, take it out and go to a home center that has a thread gauge.

Good luck!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I know either Lowes or HD, probably both, have threads mounted on a display by the slide out specialty bolt bins, that you can use to check and match. Like you said, take one out and match it.

Reply to
trader_4

If it is a REAL Ariens unit built in the USA most likely SAE threads. If it is the low priced big-box store Ariens built in China, most likely metric. Of course, it could be American and metric - not likely Chinese and SAE

Reply to
clare