For Anyone With A Relatively New Ariens Snowblower (pinning wheel question)

Hi,

Set up a new Ariens Compact model, two stage snowblower for my kid. It's the kind that has those pin-lock(s) for the wheels. Guess they only have the true wheel differential in the more expensive models.

Anyway, the idea is that one wheel is pinned to the drive shaft, and the other one is not pinned to the shaft, but allowed to rotate freely on it. (you can pin both to the shaft if you want, but becomes quite hard to maneuver it if you do)

This allows easy turning, but, of course, the power is being applied to only one wheel.

I think I may have set it up incorrectly.

Does it matter which wheel is pinned to the shaft and becomes the driven ?

They say to use the right one in the manual, but my feeling is that they arbitrarily said to use this one to make the instructions easier. I can't see how it matters at all, but... ?

I set it up with the driven wheel being the left one. Kid lives a fair distance away, and not thrilled about going down to change it if I don't have to.

Think it matters ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

If you want to have the blower turn 'right' the easiest, pin the left wheel. For easier 'left' turns, pin the right.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp