Kawasaki Engine service manual

I have a John Deere LX277 with a Kawasaki FH500V engine. Can someone tell me where I can find a basic service amnual on this engine? All I want is basic tune-up instructions.

Thank you.

Reply to
n5tp

<BarrenSands

The John Deere web site has every single manual for all their equipment. Probably the best web site out there that supports machinery. Go here:

Dan J.S.

Thank you for that info, but John Deere only offers owner's manuals, which do not contain any information on basic engine tune-up procedures. They want you to take the machine to one of their dealers who charge $$$ per hour to do tune-ups.

Reply to
n5tp

There isn't that much to a tune-up on this engine, I know of no on-lin service manuals for this engine. If you post the information you ar looking for I would be happy to post the answers

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob

As you can see by my signature I do have the knowledge and access t supply you with any tune-up information you need

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob

Thank you, Restorob. My machine acts like the carb needs adjusting. It sounds like it is running fine with no load, but with the mower blades engaged and going uphill (or in heavy grass), the engine bogs down and acts like it needs more fuel or air. It has new air and fuel filters installed.

Thanks for any tips you can give me, such as where I look to find these adjustments.

Reply to
n5tp

Restorob:

Thank you for the kind offer.

My engine seems to run fine except it seems to bog down when going uphill with the mower blades engaged or in thick grass mowing areas. It sounds like it is begging for more fuel or air. I have installed new air and fuel filters. Basically I need to know where the air/fuel adjustments are located and the basic settings for each, so I can see if that is the problem. The engine is not very old and has few hours on it.

Reply to
n5tp

There is only two adjustments on your carb., One is idle and the othe is for low speed air mixture. Since your problem is at high spee adjusting the low will not help you. I would suggest checking hig speed RPM which should be 3600 with no load but you need a tachomete to do so which your local repair shop should have. If the high speed i ok I would check the governor adjustment. I tried to attach the tw pages from the Service Manual that showed pictures and explained how t perform these adjustments but each page was too large it said. If yo like I can explain or if you post a Email address and I can send the to you that way, It's your choice

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob

Thank you again, restrorob. Please send further info on the governor adjustments to me at this address:

snipped-for-privacy@flash.net

Regards, TP

Reply to
n5tp

Ok, They should be in your mailbox See Ya

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob