Just fertilized - water now, or OK to wait?

Hello, just applied Scotts Fertilizer with Weed Control. The directions say I should see improvement "in 1-2 days. At that a time a thorough watering should be made".

It's been 2 days, and rain is predicted in 3. Do you think it's safe to wait untik then for water, or should I water now?

Reply to
bryanska

Your approximate location and application rate would help immensely.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I applied it per directions at 5.5 on the push-behind rectangular spreader.

We got 6-8 inches of rain the day before I applied the fertilizer. Soil is very sandy, according to longtime residents.

Reply to
bryanska

I think you'll be fine. If you have a problem it will probably be on the corners where you may accidentally over apply. However, you would have to go quite heavy to have a problem at this time of year.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H