Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground)

Mind your manners, please. Here is a quote from a http://www.paulparent.com . Paul's credentials are on the home page of the site.
"The next seed to germinate will be Tall Fescue the seed that makes your lawn look good all year long. This plant will produce a root system 3 to 4 feet deep into the ground to find water during dry periods and water bans. Tall Fescue will need ..."

http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

FYI Mr. Plummer, if you disagree with steveo he will attempt to find out your address and harass you. He has done this a number of times in the rec.radio.cb NG even going so far as to go to peoples houses and take pictures and post them on the internet without there permission. He does all this while hiding his identity so they can not retaliate..
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (I Am Not George) wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/picsrfun2003/untitled.bmp
--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

WA3MOJ-George snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (I Am Not George) wrote:

leg-humping puppy? Do you have a lawn or garden question? Or are you just here to harass?
--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

It must be nice to feel loved :P
Landshark
--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help

i am here for the truth as mr. plummer found out you are a hothead and a stalker who will harass people at there homes.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (I Am Not George) wrote:

tall fescue that has 3-4 foot roots. Sounds good.
You on the other-hand are sick in the dome, and chase me around Usenet in order to harass.
--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

have i come to your home? have I posted your court records? have i posted your work address and phone number? no, but YOU have done all that to people and you havent even got the guts to come out of hiding with your real name and address. you sir are the one harassing and you have no excuse.
On Sat, 15 May 2004 14:50:41 +0000, William W. Plummer wrote:

Could you name one lawn type that didn't derive from a 'weed' grass? Just because ortho claims it to be a weed doesn't make it true. What is a weed anyway but an un-wanted plant? I would personaly suggest that anyone planting grass should look for a mix of grasses. Tall fescue is not perfect for all situations in the lawn. All this talk a side, you still side step the real point of these posts. You made a claim and have not provide evidence of your claim. I highly doubt that there is a lawn type grass that will root to three feet.
Scotts Rebel II isn't a tall fescue, but a red fescue as far as I can tell: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/lawnchallenge/lesson2.html
Tall fescue description: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/turf/publications/tallfesc.html

I agree. If you have rocky soil, you wouldn't want to till amendments into it for grass, just put topsoil/compost on top. Compost is usually more expensive than topsoil, but many times topsoil doesn't have organic matrerial. I would mix the two 50/50. Let the grass grow in good soil. To stay away from chemicals, the tarp/black plastic method is advised.