grass seed in N. Hollywood, Calif.

I need to have a new lawn installed in N. Hollywood, CA.

One landscape company is offering grass sod that he describes only as FESCUE sod. It is not Marathon or Stover's Triple Crown. Are there generic seeds that are equal in quality to Marathon or Triple Crown? If so, may I know their name(s) and sources.

I do not wish to invest in a new lawn and find that I have an inferior one.

All replies, opinions, advices, info welcomed!

Aaron in N. Hollywood

Reply to
aaronep