grass from seed?

keep seed damp until grass is growing(very important)and water to a 1" depth thereafter once per week.

Reply to
Anonymous

The most important thing is to make sure that the seed never dries until you can see significant growth. I water twice a day in normal years - this year is abnormal as nature is providing rain twice a day.

We have had so much rain I am worried that my goldfish are going to drown. But the grass looks great.

John

Reply to
John Bachman

beginning gardener is wondering how often to water freshly planted grass seed-- and how much/often to water once seeds have germinated?

...many thanks..

Reply to
jeffrey

Every other day is a good plan, unless it rains. Straw will greatly help retain moisture and protect the seed from hungry birds. You can reduce watering to 1" per week after the first mowing. The straw will eventually decompose.

Reply to
Phisherman