Woodpecker And House Siding Damage: Thoughts On Preventing ?

Hi,

Live outside of Boston.

Have a woodpecker that is really doing a number on my wood house siding. Incredible the amount of damage they can do, apparently.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep him away, or any other thoughts on preventing this ?

Would be most appreciative.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

It might be that the reason he is pekking at your house is that he is looking for food. It could be that you have a bigger problem than you realize, maybe you ahve some sort of infestation in your wood siding that you cannot see. Though in thinking about it, there is one that bangs on teh steeple of the little church across the road, and it't got a metal roof...

If it's up high, and in a specific location you might try something like a windchime or a turney, spinny, whirleygiggy thingy (I hope that this techincal term wasn't too much for you) Something that would move to keep him away.

I did a quick google and came up with this.

didn't read it, I skimmed it so it may say I am an idiot.

Wouldn't be the first time!

If you DO figure it out, post your results ok!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Reply to