Flywheel removal on B&S lawnwmower engine to get to ignition points ?

I want to remove the flywheel on 2 rotary mowers with 3-4.5 B&S engines . The method I ahve used it the past on similar engines isn't working . - ( I have removed the nut , squirted penatrant around the sahft, tapped the end of the shaft ( protected by a wood block ) while a helper prys on the flywheel .) Waht else can I do ?

Go down to the hardware store at blow the five bucks for a "flywheel puller" so you don't really screw something up!
Try using a stanley or any brand pulley puller, worked for me a couple days ago on a 10hp briggs.

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Wheel puller from big lots works like a charm.