Champion Plug Question

My old Snapper push mower used a Champion CJ8 plug. May I replace it with a Champion CJ8Y? Are they the same? Thanks...
They are not the same. There's a pretty big difference and you could possibly damage your engine by using the wrong plug.

very true this plug extends an extra 0.060 into cylinder head you can use CJ8 plug although it has bigger dimensions