Thermostat Tweaking

Greetings,

We recently purchased what is seeming to be a POS refrigerator. It's a Frigidaire model 1817LWE and every time we open the door it cycles on. Or shortly thereafter. And we don't leave the door open for more than a few seconds. Otherwise, with the door shut for an extended time - it seems to run normally. Cycling on for about 10 minutes per hour.

So, I'm wondering if anyone would know how to tweak/adjust the thermostat to give it a couple of degrees minus before it switches on the compressor. Setting the temp control to a lower setting does no good.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jackson

The seal on the regulator is bad. This will interrupt the compressor on several levels.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for replying. Being a novice, is this a seal I can replace myself? The service techs that have looked at it say everything is fine.

Reply to
Jackson

If you can get the solenoid off, without frying the brushes. Then, there's a good possibility you can.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin, have you joined the dark side? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks again Stormin. Will do the research.

Reply to
Jackson

Just keep in the back of your mind, Newton's law. And, you'll do just fine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Isn't that, "Do no harm" ? Mikek

Reply to