Thermostat Tweaking

Greetings,
We recently purchased what is seeming to be a POS refrigerator. It's a Frigidaire model 1817LWE and every time we open the door it cycles on. Or shortly thereafter. And we don't leave the door open for more than a few seconds. Otherwise, with the door shut for an extended time - it seems to run normally. Cycling on for about 10 minutes per hour.
So, I'm wondering if anyone would know how to tweak/adjust the thermostat to give it a couple of degrees minus before it switches on the compressor. Setting the temp control to a lower setting does no good.
Thanks.

The seal on the regulator is bad. This will interrupt the compressor on several levels.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for replying. Being a novice, is this a seal I can replace myself? The service techs that have looked at it say everything is fine.

If you can get the solenoid off, without frying the brushes. Then, there's a good possibility you can.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/16/2013 7:42 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Stormin, have you joined the dark side? Mikek
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks again Stormin. Will do the research.

Just keep in the back of your mind, Newton's law. And, you'll do just fine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/17/2013 11:17 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Mikek