What are those greetings card chips?

Just wondered how those greetings cards that sing out a message when you open them work? Some kind of chip I suppose - ok but what is it, and how are they programmed? I suppose they are only viable (finacially) if produced in large numbers - I mean if could do them as one-offs they could be useful for all sort of applications...

Reply to
dave

In message , dave writes

There was a company parotcards.com who made a rather thick postcard sized version of these that included a microphone so that you could record your own message. Unfortunately the company no longer exists under that name. I have a few of the cards here, never really found a use for them and the batteries are now flat, as they are button cells they should be replaceable if I ever do find a use though.

Reply to
Bill

I use one for setting up PA systems. It saves having to find someone to stand at the mike saying "1-2-3-4" forever while you wander round.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

record-a-card, self-recordable, 10secs, £4.99

£3.99 or 3 for £10.99
just use something like an ISD2560 sound chip. Such things used to be available from maplins.

playthings from £7 to £38

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They sell them at high street shops too - Card Factory near me has them so I assume most will

Reply to
Mogga