thermostat calibration for Mitsubishi Mr. Slim?

hello all,
we have a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim (PKA-A36FAL) that since installation seems to have a thermostat issue. specifically the thermostat is reporting that the room temperature is about 16 degrees (F) warmer than reality. the error, seems to be consistent, always about 16 degrees off. for example, the thermostat is currently reporting that the room is at 83 degrees when a bulb thermometer reading at the same location as the thermostat reports 67 degrees. the AC works great, the problem is that the thermostat and real room temperature are quite different so i have to compensate by setting the thermostat fairly high otherwise the cooler runs constantly and the room becomes too cold.
the unit is brand new and under warranty, but i am having difficulty getting a timely response from the installers. when we last talked, the installer indicated that there may be thermostat calibration routine that we can perform that would rectify the situation. can anybody instruct me on home to perform the calibration (not detailed in the operation manual i was given) or provide any other advice on my situation?
thanks, alex
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:21:07 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

C'mon Alex, Its new and under warranty? Then call Mitsubishi, tell them your problem and have them recommend a dealer that will solve your issue. OR replace the indoor controller board if there is abnormal difference between actual room temperature per the instructions in here: http://www.acdirect.com/xcart/images/products/SVC_INDR_PKA-A12-36_OC369.pdf by the way........this took google and me about 30 seconds to find. How lazy is your ass? Bubba
thanks Bubba (and ftwhd). not so much lazy as not knowing exactly what to search for and perhaps putting too much faith in what the installer had told me about the calibration. in any case, i appreciate your advice; you can think of me what you like.
best, alex

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

just check out the inferior phenomenon and all is good...
He will, but thanks for your approval. LOL
Bubba wrote:

inferior phenomenon - I like that!
look up fallowing www.cas-enviro.com