Thermodynamics quesiton

Here is a theory question for those of you with nothing better to do to ponder. Its about heat transfer. But in a different form.
For the purpose of this question, assume a heating surface one square foot (common household heat pad). Now assume one chilled human. Where on the human body would you put the heating pad to get the quickest and maximum heat transfer to the human body? Where would you get the least transfer and why?
Think of it like a Heat pump with a coil (skin and blood vessels) and liquid transfer medium (blood) transferring heat from point A to B. This should get some interesting answers........ ;)(
Bob
-

    Bob, the most efficient way would be to apply it internally :-)
Seems to me that the neck and head is going to give the quickest heat transfer and lower extremeties(lower legs and feet) will give the least....Thats what we were taught for heat loss from hypothermia

I'd agree with you Steve, that is where the highest heat loss, and therefore heat transfer take place.
If you go camping or hunting up north, if your feet are cold, you are cold
Noon-Air wrote:

square foot

quickest
to B.

Usenet
120,000+
Encryption

This is Turtle.
The highest heat transfer points of the human body is where you see the most hair growing on it or should grow on it. So the top and sides of the head is the highest heat transfer points.
A add on to this is why do most people wear a hat when going out in the hot sun or bitter cold.
TURTLE
you've been kill filed along with several other idiots who we thought would grow up by now.

Ya'know, if you hadn't included one of the other posts, I would have never even known it was there. I like my killfile :-)

I like my kill file too Steve and plan on kill filling everyone who posts crap to others.
A few childish and immature people who need to grow up.
Pretty sad and pathetic to see grown adults who are so shallow that the only way they can get their ego expanded is to hide behind an IP address and force themselves to believe a lie that they are something important. Very, very pathetic image I have of them.

Best: Under the arm pits near the core of the body. Worst: Hands and Feet specifically, the "digits". Bubba
*So why does everyone say, "Im freezing my ass/nuts off?"*

Upper torso, the body will restrict blood flow to the extremities when it senses cold temp. auto Defense mechanism to protect brain and important organs needed for survival.
Joseph

This is Turtle.
I had replied about 2:00 P.M. today but it has not showed up and I'm tring now to see if I'm allowed to post to this thread or not. Paul , if I'm not allowed to post to this thread. just tell me and save me a lot of time typing all the info.
Let me know something Paul !
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Turtle, I saw your earlier reply was sent at 1:30 as seen by my news server. And this being the day after so it was not canceled.
--
James Storm
aka Stormy Weather

So is there an answer yet? It's the Head...