Pushing contactor

When I push the contactor button on the outside unit. The system should start by the fan turning on and the compressor starting. am i correct?
You're within a couple inches of death by electrocution. Please only remove the cover push a contactor if you have the training to do it safely.
That said, when you manually close a line voltage contactor on a condensing unit, the fan and compressor shoudl turn o.
The fact that you had to ask in the first place suggests that this is outside your level of training.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Or blow off his hand. But what the hell ,at least he learned something, right?? Why not give him a long,wooden-handled paint brush, and let him use that to push in the contactor. Letting a child put his fingers in an electrical box is totally irresponsible.
--
Respectfully, Bob

He could use the big wooden spoon his mother used to beat him with
wrote

Slips too easily, fingers have a better feel for the plunger, I think we were pumping down a unit, not sure how everybody else does it. He braised when he was twelve too (w/N2), I guess it is irresponsible to let a child use a flame thrower too!

Bob, you sound like a GREAT DAD to involve your son in your work and let him learn more about your occupation. By letting him do these tasks under your supervision, you are helping him learn new skills, see application for his academics, and gain self-confidence.

Not if it has an ECM fan motor
Must likely yes but not necessarily call mechanic to trouble shoot Dido