New Central A/C questions??

Page 1 of 6
Hello all,
I had a new split system American standard allegiance central air conditioner installed two days ago. I had to put a stop payment on the check because of some very serious concerns about their installation. I have a couple of questions if someone experienced would be so kind as to reply. Just some minor questions:
1) Is it normal for condenstation to form on the outside of the furnace plenum with the a/c on? The evaporator coil is on top of the furnace within the plenum.
2) How can I determine if my system has a LIQUID LINE FILTER DRIER installed? I checked the copper lines from the a/c base outside all the way to where it enters the plenum to the evaporator coil and I don't see one. Could it be within the plenum or out a/c unit?
Thanks for your time!
PS: The installation of my new unit is one from hell!

What are your concerns to put a stop payment onn the check. If it is beacause of the two questions you asked below, you are a thief. IF not please state what were the real reasons of your stop check. Why did you even give them a check if your were dissatisfied.

If the temperature of your plenum is below the deewpoint yes it will sweat.

There is one inside the condenser. Not a very good one, but there is one there.

Did you go for the best price?
You may have committed a felony by stopping payment on the check. The bank will do this anytime you call them, but in our State if you stop payment on a check it better be due to fraud or theft. Very few are aware that a check is considered that you accepted the completed work and it is viewed by the courts the same as cash, therefore, by cancelling your check, and if the contractor knows the law, you have to explain to the court why you stole 'money' from this contractor, (remember, the court views a check the same as cash). In Ohio if you steal cash or bounce a check over $50 it's a felony with possible jail time, the same is true concerning cancelled checks. It's like giving the contractor money/cash then without his knowledge you take back/steal the money. If this causes the contractor to experience penalties and judgments by creditors he can sue you for damages and he will probably win. If you don't believe me, call your legal representative or your local court and ask them, or go to the library and look up your States laws concerning this. I got this information the first year I was in business by my lawyer friend who is now a judge for the county.

who stopped payment on checks all the time for shoddy repair work. Maybe it IS fraud when what you paid for isn't properly installed and SAFE! If the contractor KNOWS the law then he should know installing something improper and unsafe could have VERY serious consequences. For instance, the aluminum duct tape that is holding my plenum together failing and spewing carbon monoxide in my house. Your lawyer friend/judge sounds like a joke to me, and you do too. If the job is done proper then there is no worry about stopped payments on checks. I think you get that check and run! I'm glad you're in Ohio!

This is something that you didn't tell us before. Don't expect a straight answer from *ANYBODY* without giving *ALL* of the details. BTW, you ignorance is showing.... There is nothing wrong with using aluminimum tape to seal off plenum air leaks after its been screwed together, and IF you have CO coming out of the plenum, you have a hell of a lot worse problem than you realize....CO DOESN"T COME OUT OF THE PLENUM

I'm glad you not in Mississippi, because even ignorant rednecks got more sense than you do.

My questions weren't regarding the legality if stopping payments on checks. I guess you couldn't grasp that though. Sealing a seam and covering 1" gaps with tape are two different things. The tape was used because it cannot be screwed together. mississippi? Never heard of it, oh um, maybe I did..land of ignorant rednecks who are married to their sisters and cousins.

Nope... there was no mention of that little fact as if it was nothing more than an afterthought

Nope, thats Arkansas where Klintons come from

Noon, thats because it wasn't any part of my original post. Ya has a hard time of understandin' don't ya bud? Its ok, I know you used to ride the small school bus.

Once again, a homegrowner comes here for free advice and then bites your hand afterwards.
BTW, it IS the law, you ARE a felon. But of course, you take your legal advice from TV actors just like you took the advice of this company who hacked in your system.
You both deserve each other

Geo Blowhard. Keep showing your back side pal. I phoned my family attorney and began telling him my dilemma and before I even finished he said " STOP PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY!!" I told it I already did. You ARE A FOOL you troll idiot who done know honey from bear crap and that includes your lawyer/judge butt buddy friend. HAHA.
Free advice? Not from fools like you pal. But you do give me a laugh!

As you're proof some need birth control.

Its clear you're the product of a defective condom hahahohohhehehe

Wow, now that's original...
Just needed a kick in the right direction?
Next time you might use something original that doesn't say the same thing as the person you're quoting.

I never supported abortion before, but this guy may change my mind!

Your a liar,
To prove that you aren't show us the stop payment, just post it on a free picture site. Of course I won't wait.
Your also a liar about your previous posts, you said you weren't worried and you see it all the time on TV.
Thirdly your a liar, your making things up as they go along. They corrected your CO problem and you gave them a check and THEN you were going to do a FINAL inspection???? Your such an ass.

Yeah, that's likely to happen.
Just WHERE do you think that air is going with the tape in place? INSIDE your home.

I didn't plan on having my basement air conditioner Mr Cabana boi!

That's a completely different concern then CARBON MONOXIDE, asshole!
Seems like you're as competent as the installing crew. LOL

Yep... that aluminum tape all over your ducts is to hold all the carbon monoxide inside the ducts.... wouldn't want it getting out until it reaches the registers...
LLoyd