New Central A/C questions??

PLOINK on ya Noon_Air...should be full of hot air. If you killfile then you won't have anything to do today fool!

Reply to
 Bluto

OH I see the connection now.. NOON AIR and KFPRO are bossom butt buddies! Ah Ha... Who's your Momma?

Reply to
 Bluto

You need to take plenty of pictures before Monday. To collect their money, they will be back to make the job look acceptable, and the shock value of what shit work they were going to leave you with, as finished work, can never be duplicated without good bright pictures.

They are a 30+ year old company, they could be on a first name basis with the inspectors. Sometimes it's not about payola, they may have grown up together/friends and have their backs covered on the small work. But bright clean pictures can go right up anybody's chain of command.

Now when all their work looks like trade school text book pictures, this is not a problem and probably goes on a lot more then people perceive. However, you truly had a bunch of hacks fly through your wallet. Good luck.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

That's a completely different concern then CARBON MONOXIDE, asshole!

Seems like you're as competent as the installing crew. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

You&#39;re the one that took the stop payment option or did you forget already?

Reply to
<kjpro

Oh please, stop, your insults are just too much.

Reply to
<kjpro

Did you escape from a mental institution?

Reply to
<kjpro

who&#39;s gonna listen you cabana boi!

Reply to
 Bluto

Sure and I&#39;m glad I did! I&#39;d do it again. FYI ftd, supposed to be 84 Thursday, I bet those bicycle seats will really be ride for your big snozola! SNORT SNORT hahahahahehehehehohohohoh

Reply to
 Bluto

Awwwwww so sorry asswipe

Reply to
 Bluto

I think you&#39;re the one who escaped from an AIDS hospice! Too much of that browneye isn&#39;t good eh?

Reply to
 Bluto

Thanks for your input zero. I am charging my digital camera this very moment and gonna take at least 50 pictures.

Reply to
 Bluto

That&#39;s why you should always pay with VISA, you get points and can easily dispute charges should there be a problem. I screw over business&#39; all the time with this tactic. If they promise to do something and don&#39;t, which is usually the case these days, I simply call 1-800 VISA and let them deal with it.

It&#39;s great...

-Canadian Cool

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

On 13 May 2007 20:31:57 GMT, DANgER (dangerThat&#39;s why you should always pay with VISA, you get points and can easily dispute charges should there be a problem. I

something and don&#39;t, which is usually the case

Wow..thats the best tip anyone can offer! I&#39;m gonna do that from now on! Better screwing them than them screwing you.

Reply to
 Bluto

Bluto,

I think I was the one who called you a thief. After hearing the rest of the story, I do retract that.....................but.....

How many bids did you get?

Did you choose the cheapest one?

Were you home while they were doing the installation?

Why did it take 2 guys 8 hours to CHOP in a coil and Install a condenser? Did they encounter a problem?

Did YOU inspect the work, prior to writing the check?

Did you call the Companies office when you saw the HACK job?

What was the name of the contractor, and where are they located?

Did they give you a written description of the work they were going to perform?

Was there a Heat Load calculation performed?

If this is as bad as you say, I would call them tomorrow morning and have them come rip out their work and material, or have another HVAC company do it. It comes out in about 1 hour or less without damaging anything. IF you have it done yourself please take lots of pictures. IF possible could you please e-mail them to me at my work e-mail, I love putting HACK shots in my sales book next to our work.

I hope you have calmed down a little and started a detailed journal of your experience top to bottom.

You did the right thing by adding Central to your house. If you are just running 3 window units, it will be cheaper to run your central unit.

If you would like a list of questions to ask another contractor prior to commiting to one feel free to call my office @ 8am et or just email me, I will be glad to give you the questions.

I WOULD LET THAT COMPANY RETURN TO FIX IT. I WOULD ADVERTISE THEIR WORKMANSHIP.

You came here into the NG, with 2 minor problems and told us you stopped a check. Both of your concerns were minimal, and you seemed like a prick.

This a newsgroup of industry proffesionals to dicuss our work topics, our jokes, our cocerns, etc. Homeowners peek in everyonce and a while and most of the time get bit.

Your post at first, second, and third glance looked like a cheap thieving bastard. Later you got pissy because you were called on the table for your original post, rightfully so. Your sparring with the techs on here was rude and uncalled for.

If you would like proffesional help, I would be more than happy to consult for you. I can do your equipment design, and filter your contractors.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Bob, I need professional help. How soon can you and a 3 man crew be here?

ps: my contractors have already been filtered.....

Reply to
gofish

dispute charges should there be a problem. I

do something and don&#39;t, which is usually the case

Yeah, you&#39;re two peas in a pod.

Are you brothers or sisters?

Reply to
<kjpro

Not a problem

3

No, the middle one but all 3 weren&#39;t far apart

Yes, But I wasn&#39;t a hawk watching every move they made

My guess is that since there wasn&#39;t an existing evaporator coil(we didn&#39;t have central air before this) they had to cut the bottom 1/3 of the plenum off. One worker left and went back to the shop for the new metal work to be fabricated. It took less than an hour. The longest time was spending trying to jockey the new metal work from where the cut was in the plenum to where it attaches onto the furnace.

I looked at what I could but at first glance its hard to see problems. Nearing 4PM another of their trucks with 3 man crew showed up. My basement furnace room is small and packed with workers. They left in a hurry.

It was after 5pm Friday and they&#39;re closed the weekend. Its 6AM monday morning now and I am waiting until 8AM to phone them as well as my city building department...maybe my family lawyer too

I&#39;d rather not say at this time publicly

Yes but it wasn&#39;t item for item detailed. Basically said the a/c, metal work, permit, cleanup. Of course it had a few other options with prices depending on which specific a/c I wanted to go with. It did not specifically say it would have a liquid filter drier but the estimator told me it would and I said "Good because thats a question I wanted to ask you about". I know I should have had everything in writing but I guess since I am an honest person I hope others are too..but many times thats not the case.

No, the tonnage was based on the sq. footage of our house. The house is small, about 700&#39; ducted living space. 1.5 tonnage ac was installed.

Asking them to do that and what they&#39;ll actually do are two different things. I&#39;ll try to get you some pics but right now this problem is taking up lots of my time. It might take me a week..depends on whats going on with this problem.

As a matter of fact, I&#39;ve had knots in my stomach and no appetite since this mess. I am keeping a journal.

In hindsite I wish I would have never had this done.

Thank you for the offer.

I am hoping they will.

Yes, I mentioned I stopped payment on a check but what everyone seems to be missing is that I didn&#39;t say it was stopped for those 2 reasons. The 2 problems I was asking about I was attempting to obtain further information regarding my dilemma. I would never stop payment for those two problems. I&#39;ve never stopped payment on any check my entire life.

How do I know who the techs are? The company who is screwing now are techs. Not all techs are worth a bucket of BS. I never said anything pissy or started sparring with anyone until I was verbally attacked. People started jumping to conclusions and calling me names and being a thief. Re-read the messages and tell me where I started getting pissy and rude prior to being flamed?? You won&#39;t find it. I don&#39;t hear you saying anything about other people being rude.

I can handle my own problems.

Reply to
 Bluto

Yep... that aluminum tape all over your ducts is to hold all the carbon monoxide inside the ducts.... wouldn&#39;t want it getting out until it reaches the registers...

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Bob: First let me compliment you (as an apparent professional HVAC person) for submitting constructive comments to a thread that has become a "Pissing contest." I am not a HVAC professional, just one of the dreaded "Homeowners." And as such, seek the advice and experiences of others in order to avoid the mistakes others have made. I have seen questions as simple as "Which manufacturer&#39;s systems do you recommend" being slammed by the so called "Pros." In fairness, NOT ALL responded that way, but too many have.

When a person encounters a poor quality job, the common response in this news group is that they either took the low bid, or failed to watch how the installation was performed in order to assure a quality job. I submit that it should NOT be necessary for a customer to be looking over the shoulder of a person they hire in order to assure the job is done right. Such a comment by a pro, defending and rejecting any responsibility for the job, only reinforces the belief that many DO NOT perform quality work unless watched carefully. I know of no homeowner or business who sought a quote on a POOR quality job. The expectation when given the quote by the pro is that it will be a QUALITY one. It would seem to me that the burden is then that of the pro to quote accordingly.

Most people who seek the skills of a professional to perform work, ask their friends and neighbors if they know someone who has done good work at a reasonable price. They then contact that company and have them review the project. As you well know, contractors of many trades often "Throw a price against the wall hoping it will stick." Price does NOT necessarily assure a customer that they will receive a quality job or service when they need it. It is the PRIDE the professional has that determines quality.

I do not mean to pick on your reply, since as I said yours was one of the few who seemed sincerely wanting to help. Bluto could have, and should have, done some things differently. I am sure he realizes that. But at the same time a person hiring a professional regardless of his trade, should not be the primary one responsible for a poor job being done. If one has a surgeon operate on you and he screws up, is it your fault you were under anesthesia and not watching him do his work?? I think NOT.

Thanks again for showing that some in your trade can make constructive suggestions and not feel you are giving away trade secrets. No one expects those posting in a news group to give away their services. A few constructive comments however can do a lot to change the view of customers toward many in the HVAC profession.

Reply to
Ken