new ac installed

I had a completely new 2.0 ton EER 13 system installed along with all new duct and mainline duct. On the return side of things, the duct work does a 270 degree turn back to the air handler intake. If I recall the sales guy told me that air doesn't like turns and it decreases the speed.
So, now does this mean that 270 degree turn should be straigthened out so that it's just a 180? I called the company and was told if it was attached straight it would cause whistling. What's the real opinion on this?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

270 Degrees?? Are we talking Farenheit or Celsius? Either way, someone's going to get burnt! Put your lawn sprinkler in your basement and turn it on full! That should cool things down. Let us know how things turn out.
--
Respectfully, Bob

is everyone on the wrag here? o, I thougth you guys were girls.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

We alternate every other week. What color wig would you like to wear?
--
Respectfully, Bob

He can borrow my multi color wig....I'm done with all the partying ...and don't need it until Mardi Gras
Like it Mardi Gras will even happen again...glug glug

I know you are double checking your new job but do not worry. The company who installed it would not put themselves in a situation where they need to go back under warranty.
They are right about the sound. When I use to install I would add extra flex duct in the attic to cut down the sound of the blower assembly. I like to increase my size of return, By code you would use 14" flex for a 2-ton system but I would use 16".
I am assuming that the duct you are talking about is flex. Here in South East Texas flex duct is used allot.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

system performance to the point where it will eventually fail. Less bends the better.

Noise (usually) generates from velocity (fast air in the duct). Most domestic tech install ducting too small (saves cost) which results in excess static and noise. To reduce noise, use a larger duct. If noise is from fan deck (air bourne) a bend (with insulated duct) will significantly reduce it. Noise doesn't turn, it goes straight or bounces.
Best of luck.