Air Distribution Design

For typical residential flexible duct design, which do you guys feel is the best overall design method? Is there one that you'd consider superior to the others for the most efficient airflow?

Radial, Trunk/Branch, Spider, Perimeter Loop... ?

Reply to
markgmoody

Sorry, I don't do flex

Reply to
Noon-Air

There is no design method but there is properly installed flex which counts.

If the person is a professional installer, he or she will know how to do the job properly.

Reply to
Moe Jones

the typical resi install locally means cheapest method possible, which is usually undersized spider.

it is my personal experience the trunk/branch is superior, when installed by competent installers.

Reply to
gofish

I prefer axial design for best performance and lowest cost.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives