Need thermostat

Hi all, hope this is the right group. I tried my heater for the first time this year. It came on and then quit, came on then quit, came on then quit...I had my son replace the thermostat thinking that would fix it bit now it does not come on at all. Can anyone give any advice as i am a single mom and cannot afford to pay someone to come fix it (they want an arm and a leg just to show up and the damn government already is trying to steal one arm and leg, but that is a different matter) Thank you all and god bless
<Allison> wrote in message

It wasn't the thermostat in the first place. Now the problem has been compounded by either a blown fuse, or a fried transformer. What are you gonna break next??
May I loan you a salt shaker for you to put salt in her wounds too?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Allison wrote:

Don't let your son touch anything else if you want it to work again.
--
Zyp

From here, it doesn't sound good. A heater that goes on and off, may have any of several problems. We don't yet know if your heater is oil, gas, propane, etc. And now, it's worse. I'd suggest you ask your friends who they know, who does heating. It isn't likely to get any better on its own. And the days are growing colder. I do wish you the best of luck.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:02:41 -0700, Allison wrote:

Id say you need to get your daughter and have her replace the thermostat with a new one again. You son just doesnt know what he's doing. Then if that doesnt work, go out and buy a good expensive programmable stat. Have the local grass cutting guy do it. Im sure he will be much better. Bubba
"99 to 1" it was nothing wrong with your Thermostat to start with. Some time it is necessary to get person that knows what hi or she is doing Sorry! Tony
<Allison> wrote in message

If you can't afforde a full price service technican you might want to check with your local college to see if there is a HVAC program there and see if one of the instructors can offer the job to one of their students. You still will have to pay the student but they might not charge you as much becouse they would be gaining some real life experience <Allison> wrote in message