Y is hot dry air impossible/impractical?

On Aug 9, 8:02 pm, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote in

:

And when you heat a house, you do NOT want 'dry air'.

Why not? What's wrong with dry convective heating?

Even > if you could have it, which you can't.

What makes hot dry air impossible?

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

NUMBER ONE DRY AIR IS NOT HEALTHY BELOW APX. 35% NUMBER TWO WHEN YOU HAVE DRY AIR FOR HEATING IT YOU WILL WANT TWO TO THREE HIGHER BECAUSE SKIN EFFECTS AND OR SENSITIVE HEAT

Reply to
old and grunpy

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

So humidity below ~35% is unhealthy. I never knew that. I thought less humidity usually means more comfort.

What do you mean by "sensitive heat" and "skin effects"?

BTW, thanks for a sensible response. Some other posters are getting sick pleasure out of being total jerks.

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

Maybe you should do your own homework there sport.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Arid, dry air indoors (usually happens in the winter) dries out your sinus, dries and cracks wood, and feels colder than the temperature suggests. Also dries out skin. Great boon for the folks who sell skin and hand lotions. The old timers learned to leave a pan of water on the wood stove in the winter, to provide some humidity.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon