My new heating unit is at an angle

Hi there. I am building an new house and have just had my heating contractor install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that. The units are Goodman. I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides. This unit is in my basement. Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit. Specifically the bearings in the blower motor? Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?
Thank you Gary
I guess you went with the lowest bidder?? <sigh> Yes not being plumb can have detrimental effects on the operation of units.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi there.&nbsp; I am building an new house and have just had my heating contractor install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that.&nbsp; The units are Goodman.&nbsp; I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides.&nbsp; This unit is in my basement.&nbsp; Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit.&nbsp; Specifically the bearings in the blower motor?&nbsp; Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thank you Gary</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
We're going to install the evaporator backwards, so it drains out the back...
...since the unit is sloped that way already!!!!!
LMAO
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi there.&nbsp; I am building an new house and have just had my heating contractor install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that.&nbsp; The units are Goodman.&nbsp; I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides.&nbsp; This unit is in my basement.&nbsp; Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit.&nbsp; Specifically the bearings in the blower motor?&nbsp; Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thank you Gary</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Obviously my dad was not his boss....or he would have had is ass beat...real good
and the installer most not take pride in his work
HELL yes tell them to plum it....or give them only 75% of the money and tell them the rest fell off the top when the stack was on any angle
[...]

Actually Gary, it should be tilted more. You dont want any water left in the system. Put it close to a 45 degree angle and you should be good to go. Bubba
Bubba,
you have real talent in writing here. You should write a book. I am NOT kidding.
Bob

bubba is the most incompetent tech on the planet. The guy orders parts online and has to ask the real pro's how things work.
That's why I come here though, to expose the hacks for what they are.
bobby and bubba make a very cute couple!
Respectively,
-Canadian Heat
On 22 Feb 2007 17:11:04 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Again retard Canuck DANgER-boi. Post where I said that. Oh, thats right. You dont even know how to use a real newsreader. ........and I didnt know we had "real pros" in here. I thought we were all monkeys? Would you like ME to show you where you posted that? You are such a clueless wanna-be that I almost feel sorry for you. Bubba
Like I said before, Bubba is really cool because he cruises UseNet the Agent news reader.

"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

Yep, that's right... some of us buy from legit distributors that have website's for product ordering.
Saves time, check pricing and availability, set up delivery and do it 24 / 7.
I guess you use the local hardware store... after all... all you need is some wire to jump things out. LOL

Ouch! A direct hit! Yup, that's the Dangerous ones answer to most problems...jumper R and G...jumper the door switch....keep jumpering stuff until it runs or he uses up all his 3 amp fuses!! HAHAHAHA
--
Respectfully, Bob

Bubba wrote:

install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that. The units are Goodman. I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides. This unit is in my basement. Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit. Specifically the bearings in the blower motor? Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?

Tilt-Booster

install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that. The units are Goodman. I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides. This unit is in my basement. Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit. Specifically the bearings in the blower motor? Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?

It should be reasonably straight. I would call them back. The bearings in the various motors don't care but the ac coil will produce condensed water and it has to drain properly or you will have problems.

I want one of those... I'll make a fortune selling bottled water. <g>
Gary, Did you hire Bubba for this job?

install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that. The units are Goodman. I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides. This unit is in my basement. Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit. Specifically the bearings in the blower motor? Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?

If he had... he wouldn't be here complaining.
You may have bigger worries. If this contractor can't even install a unit level, I'm sure he didn't size the duct work properly compensating for not only the evap. coil in the duct system, but also the hydronic coil. How is the air flow? Are ducts sealed or leaking air all over the place?
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi there.&nbsp; I am building an new house and have just had my heating contractor install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that.&nbsp; The units are Goodman.&nbsp; I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides.&nbsp; This unit is in my basement.&nbsp; Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit.&nbsp; Specifically the bearings in the blower motor?&nbsp; Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thank you Gary</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Leaking air?
He probably thinks they have installed whistles in the ducting!!! LOL
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi there.&nbsp; I am building an new house and have just had my heating contractor install a variable speed DC blower unit under and A/C coil unit with a hydronic coil above that.&nbsp; The units are Goodman.&nbsp; I have a concern in that the components all mounted together were installed on a fair bit of an angle on both sides.&nbsp; This unit is in my basement.&nbsp; Should I have any concern that the tilt will have any adverse affect on the functioning of the unit.&nbsp; Specifically the bearings in the blower motor?&nbsp; Should I ask the contractor to make the unit plumb?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thank you Gary</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Its not fired up yet.