Installation question - Honeywell Humidifier

Page 2 of 2
Humidity won't damage your coil. LOL It removes humidity all summer long. Besides it doesn't matter if use install on the supply or return, humidity gets sucked thru the return, the heat exchanger and the coil, no harm. Static pressure is the problem.
In your case install the humidifier on the return, mount the humidistat on the return at least 11" above the humidifier.
Use copper 1/4" and supply hot water. Make sure you don't wire the thing to run continously.
I need to know type of furnace and if you run the fan continously. Then I can tell you how to wire it. There are many options.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
snipped-for-privacy@heat.com wrote:

I humbly recommend that the humidistat control that comes with the humidifier be mounted quite a distance further up along the return... that way, if you ever install an HRV fresh air ventilator, your humidistat will be located before the HRV supply tap into the return (and therefore read more accurate indoor humidity). The HRV supply is usually put in at least 8 ft up from the where the return meets the furnace.. I put my humidistat about 15ft away (I have a dedicated return for the HRV).

Go buy a nice brass lever-type shut-off for the water (compression ones are real easy to install--just cut out the pipe and tighten in the shut-off) and don't use that stupid hole-poker that comes with the humidifier.
As for wiring, just check you furnace manual and look for a "24v HUM" tab on the schematic (or even a section explaining how to install a humidifier). If there's no mention of "24v", you might have a 120v HUM terminal in which case you would need to use that transformer that came with your humidifier. Use a voltmeter to check first while the furnace is running on heat (the HUM terminal may not activiate otherwise). You may have to fool the furnace to run heat while the door is open by pushing that saftey switch in...
Peace, Dan
If you're living in the northern hemisphere, you may need to order a special HLSRAHABH. That being a Honeywell Left Side Return air Hot Air Bypass Humidifier. Of course, we could be just funning with you.
I've installed a bunch of Aprilaire 600 model humidifiers, it's probably the same concept.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.