Installation question - Honeywell Humidifier

Page 1 of 2
Purchased a Honeywell humidifer. Their installation instructions are a little vague. I have what I htink is a High Boy furnace where there is a cold air return on the left side of the furnace and above the furnace is ducting with the AC evap coils and the duct leads up to the warm air supply ducting for the house. Do I make the hole and mount the actual humidifier in the cold air return dicting or on the warm air supply above the furnace? If its the warm air supply then I have an issue in that the only p;ace I can mount it is in front of the Evap coil and from what i am told, the humidity can damage the coil. Please advise. Any help is appreciated and links or diagrams would be even better.
thank you!
return air

doesnt all that excessive humidity accelerate rusting out the hx on the lowboy?

Your setup is all wrong. Your cold air return should come down on the right side.......Not the left! You'll need to reverse the return air duct first. Then install a ReverseFlow@Ductbooster. Then and only then can you put the humidifier on the return. Otherwise, you are stuck with installing it on the supply plenum. A new thermostat is always a wise install with a new humidifier. Dont forget the new low voltage wiring. Bubba
The Cold Air Return is on the left side if you are facing the front of the furnace. Are you saying its installed wrong? What is the difference which side it comes down as long as the air returns to the Furnace and runs through the filter and is heated before its sent up the warm air supply?? Its been working fine for more than 10 years now. Bubba wrote:

Just as I thought. You have no business installing a humidifier on your own judging from your response.. Bubba

mangel wrote:

For shits sake dont pay ANY attention to ANYTHING Bubba has to say. He is just trolling you and has NO useful info what so ever.
On 10 Jan 2007 14:09:21 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

yeah, and Mikey is just a wonderus pile of horse shit who likes to flood newsgroups and fake other peoples names. He is a real upstanding guy. NOTTTTT Bubba
Bubba wrote:

The wonderus pile of horseshit is what drips off your fingers everytime they touch the keyboard.
On 10 Jan 2007 15:29:14 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

Actually, it's what dripped down your mamma's leg after that horse got offa her. Unfortunately, you were still somehowl created. And what a worthless, pitiful pile of shit that is. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Flamed by a low life thief. Im crushed. LOL
On 11 Jan 2007 14:06:34 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

Flamed, Crushed, trolled, spammed, flooded and pimped. Like Ive said before........"Its gotta suck to be you". Bubba
Yeah I lost my leg hair on a propane pool heater. Lost my eyebrows once lighting a water heater full of gas. And once I cracked a union just as the hsi energized, and a huge fireball came at me, I thought the gas meter got blown off the wall for sure.
That's why I don't like getting crammed in front of a furnace, if the basements a mess I leave and tell them to clean up and call back, or call someone else.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
Awwwww..... you're no fun. Bubba can be so ammusing.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Simple minds are easily amused..
Uhm. Hang on. Uh, er. Mmm. What's that mean?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Bubba posted for all of us...

Good advice Bubba!
January special is drywall anchors. Don't forget you need the drywall anchors for mounting the stats and your new wire. I was considering a special on wire ties and clips but my vendor is out of town for an indeterminate time so I will have to hold back. I'm also trying to work a deal with Boosters but they know the market so it will be awhile but don't hesitate to recommend all their models as they monitor this group and we intend to reward your loyalty. -- Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
No he didn't he must have posted for you and he ONLY
Bubba posted for all of us...

Good advice Bubba!
January special is drywall anchors. Don't forget you need the drywall anchors for mounting the stats and your new wire. I was considering a special on wire ties and clips but my vendor is out of town for an indeterminate time so I will have to hold back. I'm also trying to work a deal with Boosters but they know the market so it will be awhile but don't hesitate to recommend all their models as they monitor this group and we intend to reward your loyalty.

Ask Home Depot or where ever you bought it from.
--
Bob