hvac/r website advice

although very little to no business comes my way via my company website, im experimenting with a few changes and would like feedback from other hvac/r professionals. if you use internet explorer (image in quesiton will not show up on any other browser) please visit http://BighornRefrigeration.com and tell me if the background image is distracting. if it blends i plan to proceed with more changes, if it doesnt i plan to start over from scratch. thanks.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Very!! I must have stared at it for a full 2 minutes, and I STILL couldn't se any breasts!
--
Respectfully, Bob

Yes, it's hard to read over it. Try going lighter on the intensity of the watermark (lighten background) and make the foreground text a little heavier.
Joseph

Or larger lettering...........more images as to what equipment you sell and then the watermark will not be over bearing...I didn't find it over bearing. Here is mine...(www.jlbco.net) it has been up for 6 years and you can see the counter at the bottom....just over 1000 hits and most are my friends or me. Your own website is nice but not to responsive. I have found with my listing with the 3 manufacturers sites has got more hits and customers calling me. They will only look for a company in their immediate area. Although we travel a great distance, customers don't think that. We get calls from other recommendations and when the new customer calls and asked where our shop is at...I tell them and then they say. ALL THE WAY OUT THERE. I let them know about the customers we have already in their area. Sometimes it helps sometimes it don't....it's the public and THEY are the hardest to work with Just my $.02

Nathan In Montana wrote:

just lose the background....
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:10:46 -0700, "Nathan In Montana"

I would say it is..........."interesting." It is slightly distracting but not unreadable by any means. It might help with larger/bolder print? Maybe lighten the background even more. Maybe line up the bullets and make the page longer and not wider? You also need more pages, pictures of the techs with short descriptions of them, office staff, more info about the company, specials/deals, coupon page etc. An online application page, even if you dont want/need more employees. Any community involvement you've done with the local schools needs to be announced on a page. If you want traffic, the site has to be interesting and interactive to some degree. Put a counter at the bottom. Even if you dont get true business fr0m it you may find that people are keeping tabs on you just by visiting and will remember your name. Bubba

Good ideas!
How about pictures of recent installs, etc.?
Testimonials from happy customers?

How bout pictures of some big ol tah-tahs? Bubba

Hell-- I like little ones too!
Bubba wrote:

"Bubba" is on point with this one, Nathan. I couldn't have said it better.
I don't know what software (if any) you're using here... but it doesn't work well with my browser Firefox. Stay away from Microsoft crap for this kind of thing.
We run a customer site that has self-help tips and a bunch of information (including manufacturers links). Use links a lot if you can.
I also have a nifty password protected deal that allows customers to text-message any of our techs direct.... that's been popular.
Virtually ALL of this stuff is available as "open-source" (sorry Paul) and will run on any good Nix hosting package. I use one in Atlanta called "A Small Orange" and have been very happy with the results.
We also have a customer-only forum that's been quite popular. Don't be scared to use the Web for databases and such....
The web is a resource we should all use. Although I'm in a different business than you guys... explore the possibilities. Paul could help you with that, I'm sure. Customer Q & A, scheduling, link management, and whatever else... it's all about "connecting" with your customers or potential ones. Anything you can do to add value to your own service makes you stand out.
Jake

On point? Am I ever "off?" Opps, never mind. Dont answer that. There was that one time...................or two.........maybe three.......... :-) Bubba Bubba

Nathan In Montana wrote:

You need to get into the Internet locals. E-mail me. udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.