How To Tell Which Friedrich Units Use R22 / R410

I wrote Friedrich asking how to determine (by model number) which of their legacy window units use R22 / R410 respectively and this was the reply.
I though it might be useful to some;
"As with all manufacturers, Friedrich began using the new R410A refrigerant in all units produced effective January 1, 2010. You can tell from the model number in our window units which have the R410A. Looking at a regular model number such as SS08L10 which is a Quietmaster Programmable unit. The 5th digit (the L) indicates a unit that was manufactured prior to 2010. If this 5th digit is an L or earlier (J, H) then the unit has the R22 refrigerant. If the 5th digit is an M or an N that will indicate that it was manufactured in 2010 or later and has the R410A refrigerant. This is on the Friedrich made units (models starting with XQ, SS, SM, SL, RS, KS, YS, YM, YL, EQ, ES, EM and EL).
We also have window units that start with the letters CP. On these units if the 5th digit is an E, N or C then the unit has the R22 refrigerant. If the 5th digit is an F or a G, then that unit has the R410A refrigerant. Of course, there is always that one exception. If you have the model CP05N10 then you would have to know the serial number to determine the type of refrigerant used.
If all else fails, the data tag located on the unit will also state which type of refrigerant is used in the unit.
Thank you for contacting Friedrich."
Any crappie AC is better then Friedrich and when I said any I mean any!!!! sorry for people who get stuck with their crappy product?

Why do you say that?
A_C
Because I had two in my own house 24,000 BtuH through a wall unit.
first one developed problem first season their took it to be fix claiming that it had leak on condenser after month and half later and several phone calls finally they broth it back with burn vent could no longer work, it did not last full season not working again. So I took it apart and find the leak on Evaporator which I fix it run for two years, problem again this time compressor develop problem. Went and got new one it did not fit same sleeve that was supposedly should
This one develop problem with fan motor, the way is made it could not be replace. So in 7 years I had to spend about $1700.00 not counting labor involved. Remember these are through wall Units one would think that some quality and reliability would have being put in the product or at least that they would fit same sleeve. AC units that are to be mounted through a wall must be made more reliable than any other because one can not be expected to cut the holes in walls of house or building every second day!
So if your agent for said company tell them for me Thank you !
wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt;Any crappie AC is better then Friedrich and when I said any I mean any!!!!<BR>&gt;&gt;sorry for people who get stuck with their crappy product?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Why do you say that?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; A_C</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=