Home Depot insulation spray adhesive for furnace plenum ?

The fiberglass insulation on my furnace's plenum has slipped. The insulation has to be re-glued. Home Depot has a number of 3M spray adhesives, but no one seems to know which would be safe on a small (50,000BTU) residential furnace plenum. Can anyone tell me which spray adhesives would be safe?

Thank you, Jake

Reply to
jake.pinneberg

Not a spray adhesive, but Sodium Silicate ( water glass ) is used as an adhesive for thing like cardboard boxes. Should work for gluing fiberglass. It will not burn. It is also used for stiffening high temp insulation such as kaowool used for kilns and forges.

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster