HVAC buzzing noise followed by swoosh coming from condenser

I have started running my furnace for the season. As the furnace is running I hear the following noises coming from the condenser, usually at night.

The unit is running and I will hear a buzzing noise coming from the condenser unit. The fan on the condenser is still running while I am getting the buzzing. Sometimes the buzzing seems to pulsate. After a few minutes of buzzing the unit will shut off and the buzz will give way to a brief "swoosh" type of sound.

Reply to
T-Bone

sounds like maybe its a heat pump that is going through a defrost cycle, but I can't see or hear it through the computer screen. Maybe you should call for service.

Reply to
Steve

You're kidding, right?

Reply to
HVAC

Run as fast as you can when you hear these noises, it's going to explode for sure.

I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

This message is several days old. He's long since dead.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon