HELP - AC problems with a 2000 Honda CRV.

We are having AC problems with a 2000 Honda CRV.
We just did a successful vacuum and leak test, then recharged the system with 134a.
At a constant 3000 RPMs, and with a set of AC gages attached to the low & high ports, the AC system does this:
1. The low pressure gauge rises in pressure until the high limit (low side) switch disengages the AC clutch. The high pressure gauge is within limits at this time.
2. When the low pressure gage returns to safe pressure, the AC clutch engages. This time the high side pressure gage begins to climb until it reaches the high side limit in PSI, and the AC clutch disengages. The high side pressure declines to a safe PSI and the AC clutch again engages. Now go back to #1 above and start the low pressure side rising to the upper limit. It is a continuous loop.
The above is an endless loop of reaching max low PSI, shut off, reaching max high PSI, shut off, reaching max low PSI, shut off ...
Even at a steady 3000 RPM, the above constant cycling does not do a satisfactory job of cooling the car.
What's the problem?
THANKS, Gene
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:29:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The fact that you don't have anybody that knows what the hell they are doing working on it.

You lost me on statement above, your low side switch on all cars that I know of disengages at low pressure that is the way you are temperature is controlled, this switch should disengage at pressure just at or below freezing point perhaps 0-2 PSI. what is freezing point look up chart
The high pressure gauge is within limits at this time.

with low side pressure going to high,id look at the orfice being clogged,or the filter on or near the orfice. orfice is usually located on the in line at the evaporator. .lucas

pressure is too high, how can the orifice or expansion valve be clogged? a clog there would cause the suction PRESSURE to be closer to a vacuum, no? The head pressure would go too high.
Yup, I should mind my own business, but this statement puzzles me.