Heat strips on a new Trane XE 14

I want to check the heat strips on my Trane. I am fairly mechanically inclined. How hard is it to get to the heat strips. When I turned the heat strips on last year for a few minutes I got some smoke through the vents. I immediately cut them off and normally do not have to use the auxillary heat where I live. I want to check and make sure rats have not built any nests around the strips.

First we have to teach you how to use a defibrillator while you are unconscious. Next we have to teach you how to skin and gut a rat. Bubba

Mechanically inclined doesn't mean you're technically or electrically inclined. And you have RATS IN YOUR HOUSE!?!?!?!??!?!
Randy wrote:

Ahhh - how about you just *LOOK* at the strip heater and see if there's nests?
--
Zyp