Gree Air Conditioner?

Any thoughts on these Gree Ductless Mini Split air conditioners?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Reply to
Manny Otero

Gree air conditioners have actually been around quite a while. They are a less expensive alternative to Mitsubishi Mr Slim ductless air conditioners. They are quiet and efficient. You can get up to 23 SEER on a 12K BTU pretty cheap. Under $1800 not including install.

has their "green line" value systems. I havent installed one but I know a few people who install quite a few/. No problems that I have heradof. Good luck! Sam

Reply to
Two Can Sam

Never heard of them

Reply to
Steve

You might want to look into Fujitsu mini split systems. They seem to be doing a huge push on their mini split air conditioners.

I have one in my garage now 4 years. Works great pretty quiet. Cheaper than a Mitsubishi Mr Slim

Goof luck!

~TA

Reply to
Thomas Ahern

I have installed several Fujitsu mini-splits... my customers love them. I just started installing LG mini-splits... My supplier changed brands.

Reply to
Steve

Over the last few years I was working, I installed many mini-splits. The only failure I had was one Carrier though several others are still running, AFAIK. I would chaulk that up to one with a problem. I found all of them work well with Mitsubishi being the more expensive.

I never looked into who and where these systems are made. Here in the US or in some corner of the far east? I can remember when virtually all computers came from a few manufacturers, all outside of the US. The particular brand didn't really matter that much as did the price, the warranty and support. Whenever I had to buy a new system, I would take the model and serial number from a system in the store home with me and call their tech support line with a bogus problem just to see how they handled it, how long it took to talk to a real person, etc. Never tried that with HVAC equipment. John

Reply to
John Rhosos

Clever! Great idea.

.

Whenever I had to buy a new system, I would take the model and serial number from a system in the store home with me and call their tech support line with a bogus problem just to see how they handled it, how long it took to talk to a real person, etc.

Never tried that with HVAC equipment.

John

Reply to
Stormin Mormon