Gree Air Conditioner?

Any thoughts on these Gree Ductless Mini Split air conditioners?
http://www.greeairconditioner.com /
Thanks in advance!
Chris
On 2012-08-10 20:48:18 -0400, Manny Otero said:

Gree air conditioners have actually been around quite a while. They are a less expensive alternative to Mitsubishi Mr Slim ductless air conditioners. They are quiet and efficient. You can get up to 23 SEER on a 12K BTU pretty cheap. Under $1800 not including install. http://www.greeevo.com has their "green line" value systems. I havent installed one but I know a few people who install quite a few/. No problems that I have heradof. Good luck! Sam

Never heard of them
You might want to look into Fujitsu mini split systems. They seem to be doing a huge push on their mini split air conditioners. http://www.fujitsuminisplit.com I have one in my garage now 4 years. Works great pretty quiet. Cheaper than a Mitsubishi Mr Slim
Goof luck!
~TA

I have installed several Fujitsu mini-splits... my customers love them. I just started installing LG mini-splits... My supplier changed brands.

Over the last few years I was working, I installed many mini-splits. The only failure I had was one Carrier though several others are still running, AFAIK. I would chaulk that up to one with a problem. I found all of them work well with Mitsubishi being the more expensive.
I never looked into who and where these systems are made. Here in the US or in some corner of the far east? I can remember when virtually all computers came from a few manufacturers, all outside of the US. The particular brand didn't really matter that much as did the price, the warranty and support. Whenever I had to buy a new system, I would take the model and serial number from a system in the store home with me and call their tech support line with a bogus problem just to see how they handled it, how long it took to talk to a real person, etc. Never tried that with HVAC equipment. John
Clever! Great idea.