Buy an Electric Furnace Online?

I was searching the internet for a new electric furnace and found some great prices all over the web. I called Goodman and York and they said warranty would be honored as long as the purchase was made from a licensed contractor.
Here was one website that looked pretty nice and had decent prises on electric furnaces.'
http://www.acoverstock.com/system-components/furnace-prices/electric-furnace.html
hvac-talk.com wrote:

http://www.acoverstock.com/system-components/furnace-prices/electric-furnace.html

installing? He would be liable for the warranty paperwork even if you installed it yourself. Sounds like a pain in the ass that thinking contractors would avoid. Also the price he would have to sell it to you would include cost, shipping,profit and taxes. I wonder what the shipping costs would be from an Internet Marketeer?

Don, when he gets his furnace, he will play hell getting somebody to install it... and chances are that whoever they do find for an installer, will not be able to pull a permit and have it inspected. You have to be licensed for that. Then there is this little matter of home-owners insurance.... if it wasn't installed by a licensed company and inspected, it voids their homeowners insurance. But.... we are just ignorant, dumb ol HVAC company owners and techs... what do we know.
Steve wrote:

Maybe Stormy will install it for him. 5..4..3..2..1..liftoff! ;-p Houston we have a problem....