Bryant Blower Motor Loud Startup

Not arguing, just making some comments. They have no arguement either, just blather and spew as we used to say. But you do make some good points...you're right. There was a time when we had decent discussion with a great bunch of technicians here. Someone should have created a moderated newsgroup for HVACR. Then, like a lot of moderated groups, that might be the end of all discussion. "This bunch" is not unique. Too bad.

Reply to
Zaroc Stone

Too bad he most likely has an R-22 system.... I hope he has lots of $$$ because when it developes leaks down the road, his only choice is going to be to replace the entire system because of non-availibility of R-22 due to HCFC pase-out. I would venture to say that the 75% reduction in production and importing of R-22 on January 1st will cause the price to at least triple if not quadruple in the next 6 months....but its his money. If he had bought a decent quality system instead of a cheap one, he would have had a unit replacement warranty with it. Even the cheap ones have a 5 year parts warranty.

Reply to
Steve

Bullshit. There are R-22 replacements on the market RIGHT NOW. You're being deliberately deceptive or woefully uninformed. Which is it?

Reply to
The King

Hi, We're living in a throw away society.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

None of the above... your living in another world if you don't think the prices of replacements are gonna skyrocket also. Besides.... whats the point of even selling anything that take R-22... the manufacturers have been mandated to stop making anything that takes it. Are you gonna go throw in a bunch of R-22 stuff so 5 years down the road you can sell them new stuff again?? That would be a gross dis-service to your customers. Oh, thats right, you only do resi on the side.

Reply to
Steve

The only issue I can think of is how was this air handler installed. If the lineset is in the way and does not allow the removal of the motor and fan housing then he probably had some labor to replace the motor. The guy who owns the house is a retired electrician so he took the time to look up the motor and find out what it would cost him. The $140 replacement cost was the exact same motor. I'm sure there are lower priced replacements. Grainger comes to mind. There are many replacement motors but $800 for the job is a tad steep in my opinion.

The 4T unit isn't a cheap one. I don't know all there is to know about his problem or of the resolution but a unit installed in 2006 should have lasted longer than 3 years. As far as I know it wasn't damaged.

Dr. Stone

Reply to
Zaroc Stone

Why in the hell would you have to sell them new stuff in five years? Cant you make a install last any longer than that? Get off it Steve there are already r-22 replacements and the equipment will be in place until it rots then we'll sell them new stuff. Sheesh you're so full of shit sometimes its funny.

Reply to
The King

BTW wasn't you going on vacation for three weeks a week ago? WTH kind of vacation are you on? Waiting for the phone lines to be turned back on isn't a vacation.

Reply to
The King

No problem with the phones or anything else for that matter... and had a great Christmas with my family. I will be back home on the 1st.

Reply to
Steve

Why would I have a wife, when your Mother, wife and daughter are so available? You, obviously are not man enough to keep up your homework.

Reply to
Hermann

What's a better sealer? Masonry? Wood?

Reply to
Existential Angst

Are you part of the problem (like leaving untrimmed text) or part of the solution (offering good advice)?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No one cares what you think.

Reply to
The King

Actually, **YOU** ARE the problem.

Reply to
Real Pisser

Don't be hater..... YOU could have 6 wives, too -- just move to Utah... heh, Stormin may lend you one of his, to get you started.... Sheeit, it could be worse.... Stormin could be a Scientologist..... He'd "audit" yer hvac system....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Hey, you top-posting hypocritical cultist- you are part of the problem!

Reply to
Mike Hunt

Audit THIS, EA!

Reply to