Bryant Blower Motor Loud Startup

Cant you make a install last any longer than that? Get off it Steve there are already r-22 replacements and the equipment will be in place until it rots then we'll sell them new stuff. Sheesh you're so full of shit sometimes its funny.

of vacation are you on? Waiting for the phone lines to be turned back on isn't a vacation.

No problem with the phones or anything else for that matter... and had a great Christmas with my family. I will be back home on the 1st.

If the lineset is in the way and does not allow the removal of the motor and fan housing then he probably had some labor to replace the motor. The guy who owns the house is a retired electrician so he took the time to look up the motor and find out what it would cost him. The $140 replacement cost was the exact same motor. I'm sure there are lower priced replacements. Grainger comes to mind. There are many replacement motors but $800 for the job is a tad steep in my opinion.
The 4T unit isn't a cheap one. I don't know all there is to know about his problem or of the resolution but a unit installed in 2006 should have lasted longer than 3 years. As far as I know it wasn't damaged.
Dr. Stone
Zaroc Stone wrote:

We're living in a throw away society.
Thompson's Water Seal comes immediately to mind.

PB Blaster is under advertised, and aparently good stuff. It has the advantage of spraying in a stream. So, if you're under the work van and want to spray the entire brake cable, it's easy enough to do with the long reach stream. WD-40 comes out in a fog.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

yeah, PB is good stuff. IMHO it's inferior to Kroil, but on the upside, they do have it at that Orange Colored Store (although you have to look pretty hard for it, as opposed to WD-40) and it's really not all that bad - way better than WD-40 anyway.
Hands down the best penetrating oil I've ever used was Wuerth Rost Off, but I dunno where you can buy it.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

On Dec 27, 7:43pm, "Stormin Mormon"

re: "WD-40 comes out in a fog."
Not with new "Smart Straw"...
http://www.wd40.com/products/smart-straw /
Of course, I still buy the half-gallon cans and refill these, which can be adjusted for the type of spray you want...
http://www.team.ie/images/WDAPP.jpg
And I drive *both* of these...
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/wd40camaro---3.jpg
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:43:40 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

WD Stormy. Everything the mormon cock sucker says comes out of a fog.

Get you some JigALoo and have a gay old time...
http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_msg_brd_article.php?cat=1&idh7
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:31:32 -0800 (PST), Michael B

formulation (last 10 years or so??) is more useless than bear whiz.
Thompson's Water Seal comes immediately to mind. =========================================== What's a better sealer? Masonry? Wood?
--
EA

On Dec 27, 3:27 pm, "Existential Angst" < snipped-for-privacy@UNoptonline.net>
Sorry to hear there are HVAC techs who are crooks. I agree with your approach, though. Talk to your friends and neighbors, see who has given good sevice in the past.
Good luck on the police report. Hope that gets your damper back, and maybe a refund for the lack of maintenance.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

could take awhile.......
We recently had a Christmas Party at our clubhouse in a development of 53 homes. One lady told us that her Heat Pump unit was defectived and the service tech told her that these units "had a history of being cheaply made". They charged her $5000 to change out a 4T unit. One of the other residents told a story of replacing his fan motor (inside) and was charged $800. He said he went online after the fan job and found a motor for $140. More of what's wrong with HVAC today. My daughter and her husband just paid $5400 for a furnace change out.
Dr. Stone

Chances are that the developement had all of the comfort systems installed by the lowest bidder. $800 is not out of line for an X13 motor, and $1,200 is about right for an ECM motor replacement. $5,000 is about right for a 4T heat pump replacement, and a couple of grand shy of a complete system replacement(not including any additional ductwork). The homeowner got what the builder didn't pay for. Furnace change-out can run anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000 depending on the model, and the installer. You can get it cheap, or you can get it done right the first time. Its your choice.

The mechanic charged him $660 to install it. He was ripped off regardless of how many letters and numerals you try to insert to justify a screwing, what some techs do best. I'll have to call in the model number of the unit replaced for $5000. In some areas and with some customers, $20,000 would not be outrageous. In this case, I believe it is. The lady is over 80 years old, lives in an adult retirement community, is on Oxygen 24/7 and a look around her house it is easy to see she doesn't have much money. But then, neither did the so called tech. As I said, I'd have to look the cost of a 4T unit before going any further but I suspect that $5000 is out of line. If you are reasonable, you'll never be out of work and always make a decent income. You don't have to screw everyone that you meet.
Need to argue some more? Sure does the craft a wonder of good doesn't it?
Zaroc Stone wrote:

I doubt that you are man enough to have a daughter. You should ask your wife who really is the sire. I am amazed that with your system of logic that you didn't kill her while she was still at home with some kind of stupid dangerous repair.

Now you know how we feel stepping into your office dontcha doc.