Aprilaire 6303 CP/Braeburn thermostat

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 06:12:38 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Those guys in Huntsville were the biggest fuckups ever. It was a damned good thing they had main contractors to straighten them out. That Engineer should tell you who really put that thing together and it sure wasn't those clowns.

I went to the S1b breadboard when GE won the contract. Spent the first month or so replacing muffin fans. Apparently with five people assigned to just the display system, no one did any maintenance.
Dan

Sorry about that. I will try to not have it happen again.
Dan

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-Aprilaire-6303-CP-Braeburn-thermostat-35157-.htm
You need to buy a clue.
I went out on a call yesterday where the home owner went with the cheapest priced service call fee in JULY, and the guy was back 5 times, cost the HO over $1000, and still didn't find and fix the original problem. They finally called me. *IF* they had called me in the first place, the total bill would have been less than $250, and I carry that part on the truck. As it is, the bill was considerably higher because I had to re-wire the entire furnace to put it back to original factory spec before I could even troubleshoot to figure out what was wrong in the first place. They have been doing without since July because they couldn't afford to get it fixed after being soaked for over a grand.
We are not "hatefull" we just get real tired of having folks come inhere wanting us to tell them how to fix their furnace without any idea of their abilities or what tools they have. I for one don't want to be responsible for putting somebodys life, limb, and/or property at risk because of advice given in here.
On 27 Oct 2008 04:42:04 GMT, gbidruglord_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (gbidruglord) wrote:

It could be: Thermostat Refrigerant leak Reversing valve Compressor Overcharged Undercharged low press sw. Hi press sw. Bad limit Bad heating elements Broken/burnt wire/s Mis wired Bad Circuit board Operator error or about 50 other things. Your welcome Bite Me Bubba

Make the call, nobody can see it through the computer screen or take the necessary readings to troubleshoot through the computer.
Most of the folks who read and post this group are repairmen. You want us to give you, free, what it cost us years to learn?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Oct 26, 5:48pm, gbidruglord_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (gbidruglord) wrote:

Since everyone else on here only seems to want to give you a hard time, I thought I would give you some simple input. As someone said, it could be many things, and they are telling you that because they are contractors and that is their job, though I have to admit that this is one of the most vile group I have ever seen. Ah! the internet. Gotta love it.
The fact that the heat strips do not come on, could lend some credibility to a bad stat. The Breaburn stats are pretty good, but failures are not uncommon. To test this, jumper r-y and r-w. The aux heat should come on. If not, it is probably the stat. Replace it. If that does not answer that question, call someone and stop wasting your time here. All you are going to get is humiliated.
Good Luck
gbidruglord had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-Aprilaire-6303-CP-Braeburn-thermostat-35170-.htm : I seriously thank you for you advice.
------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26475 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Since everyone else on here only seems to want to give you a hard time, I thought I would give you some simple input. As someone said, it could be many things, and they are telling you that because they are contractors and that is their job, though I have to admit that this is one of the most vile group I have ever seen. Ah! the internet. Gotta love it.
The fact that the heat strips do not come on, could lend some credibility to a bad stat. The Breaburn stats are pretty good, but failures are not uncommon. To test this, jumper r-y and r-w. The aux heat should come on. If not, it is probably the stat. Replace it. If that does not answer that question, call someone and stop wasting your time here. All you are going to get is humiliated.
--------------------------------
I don't know how many of those POS Breaburn stats you have installed, but 2 or 3 years ago, I installed about 4 cases of them, and 75% of them had to be replaced under warranty. At least my supplier took care of me and I was able to replace them all with Honeywell. No more problems.

We have installed 199 of them to date. I have one left. I know the amount because they let you order battery doors with your name info imprinted for FREE! I did 2 orders of 100 of them. My supplier then quit ordering them because I seemed to be the only contractor using them. To date I have had 3 of them come back. 1) From an old lady that just couldnt operate a digital NON programmable stat. I reinstalled her old T87F 2) One that did go haywire and would overheat the home. 3) The last one the display disappeared and never came back. All were in warranty. Pretty darned good experience. Ive installed a ton of Honeywell. Remember all the T8300 8400's and 8600's that came back with all kind of digital problems? Just like the furnaces today. Its all shit. Its all cheap. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Or the first series of S86A intermittent pilot boxes. Man we went though a crap load of those Honeywell boxes. Oh the 80's those were the days... LOL
Broken T8600's doors, with digital readouts you couldn't read.... you gotta love Honeywell. They're almost as bad as CARRIER... with their "fix it kits" to fix "fix it kits." ROFLMAO
--
Zyp

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

ROFL