Amazing HVAC Techs

Page 4 of 4
In my humble opinion, your perception of arrogance is somewhat true. This is usenet by the way, the armpit of the internet. Secondly, after kissing ass all day and trying to pacify those we have to deal with, who also think that there is nothing to it, probably sets some HVAC&R people off when we get it here also.

Richard posted for all of us...

Dickie, what is it YOU do for a living, so we can take potshots at it.

HVAC is a very specialized field and involves a breadth of experience and knowledge that spans electrical, control systems, mechanical, thermodynamics and an endless list of codes and regulations. It's also a field where the "devil's in the details" and jack of all trades/master of none won't cut it.
Because of high technical burden there are lots of hacks in the trade who don't have the apptitude to master it yet they're still in the field.
It would be very tough for a homewowner to master HVAC however some homeowners can certainly master their own HVAC system repairs and instalations and probably do a much better job then all the hacks and maybe even some of the pros. To say a homeowner can't diagnose and replace a contactor, blower motor, thermostat, or even top off a refrigerant charge (with the right EPA 608 card) is simply blind arrogance on the part of some pros.
I've met a LOT of home owners who are very skilled at reparing things. And I've met others who are dangerous with a screw driver. runs the whole spectrum. It's much the same with techs. Some can pick up vibes, check a few things, and have the system purring along like better than new.
So, it's a bit of a bad guess to say "all you'se guys" this or that. Cause there really isn't one typical tech. Like there's no one typical home owner. And so the vague accusations go on.
That's cause all you Usenet posters have no clue what you're doing, and just interested in trouble and flame wars. And you know I'm right.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

THANK YOU!!!! CHRISTOPHER and HENNY Even if I try I could not say it better Hope you guys had nice Holliday DIDO
My friend Dido, It is a rare pleasure to be on a board with a fine man as yourself. I do thank you for the kind words. How was your thanksgiving? I had lasagna for dinner at my parents house.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.