AC running constantly during cool nights

During cool summer nights, I open the windows to take advantage of the (FREE!!!) cooling. At least two of my neighbors have their house sealed up, and their air conditioners seem to run forever.
Can someone please explain why this happens? I expect it is something to do with the temperature differential between the inside & outside temperatures. During cool summer nights, these temperatures might even become inverted (it is cooler outside than it is inside).

Probably not anything to do with the temps, and has more to do with the systems not being correctly set up and correctly charged.
Probably the hot monkey love going on at the neighbors!
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:19:22 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

the
even

My next door neighbor is highly allergic, and his runs constantly.
We have many cooler nights in summer, but pay a humidity penalty the next day.
HankG
Most likely, lack of maintenance. I worked on an AC a couple years ago, that was struggling to cool the house. When I finished, as the guy remarks "that's the first time in ages the system shut down".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Too much shoddy setup & service work; - Stormin's statements! Also, the heat in the daytime attic & walls continues to migrate into the rooms well into the night. http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html - udarrell
--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

Only to find out later his home was hotter than ever! It shut down due to Chris's inability to fix it correctly.
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:43:22 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

You left out the part about how it shut down and then "never" came back on.
I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

What? The fact that you're a smug asshole who all the neighbors hate? I bet you tell em about your 'low carbon footprint". Don't ya?