P H Charts

I'm a student in HVAC-R and we are being introduced to the P H charts not understanding it. is there a web site that can help break down the understanding of this step by step. please help.

Reply to
Christopher Chance Knight

Here is a very good site.

-zero

Reply to
zero

Just a shot in the dark here but Im guessing you are a student? Also guessing that you are a student being taught by a teacher/professor? Final guess is that you are paying, or your parents are paying for that teacher/professor to teach you? My question would be: Why dont you ask the teacher before class, after class, email, on the weekend or whenever to clarify it for you? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Christopher Chance Knight

What is it that you don't understand? Is it the definition of pH, or the chart itself?

Definition: The negative log of the concentration of Hydrogen Ion.

Chart: 1 - 6 being acidic, 1 being the strongest. 8 - 14 being alkaline (or basic), 14 being the strongest 7 being neutral

The chart is there for your convenience when using the test strips to indicate the level of acidity or alkalinity. What are you testing, furnace condensate, burnt out compressors?

HankG

Reply to
Lionel

He's checking the aquarium.

Reply to
HVAC

Why? Got some homebrew aging in that?

Reply to
Don Ocean

Reply to
Christopher Chance Knight

Reply to
Char

Dyslexia? You should learn from Stormy. If you do everything he says backwards, you'll be good to go!

Reply to
HVAC