A/C system won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system )

System won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system) Furnace is a Goodman GMP-075-3 1998 A/C condensing unit is a Goodamn 2 ton 10 SEER unit 1998
It is now the middle of a hot summer . The system is cooling fine but a problem has developed where the A/C and fan stays on regardless of the thermostat setting . I can only tun it off by placing the switch thermostat in the off position (between heat and cool ) . I suspect that is probably a bad control board or thermostat . How do i diagnosis this further (and repair) ? - Thanks
-------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 25234 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

You pick up the yellow pages, and look under "air conditioning contractors", then call one.
Noon-Air wrote:

Noon air is right. You will save time, money, and family discomfort by having a qualified HVAC service person diagnose and repair your system rather than mucking if up yourself.
It does sound like a mis-wire rather than a failed part though. If it turns off when you switch the thermostat to "off", then something's a miss with the wiring. [Unless your FAN is in the 'on' position rather than 'auto' -]
--
Zyp

Call your favorite competent HVAC tech???
We can tell from the nail holes in your hands.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote: