A/C system won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system )

System won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system) Furnace is a Goodman GMP-075-3 1998 A/C condensing unit is a Goodamn 2 ton 10 SEER unit 1998

It is now the middle of a hot summer . The system is cooling fine but a problem has developed where the A/C and fan stays on regardless of the thermostat setting . I can only tun it off by placing the switch thermostat in the off position (between heat and cool ) . I suspect that is probably a bad control board or thermostat . How do i diagnosis this further (and repair) ? - Thanks

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 25234 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
rkpatt

You pick up the yellow pages, and look under "air conditioning contractors", then call one.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Noon air is right. You will save time, money, and family discomfort by having a qualified HVAC service person diagnose and repair your system rather than mucking if up yourself.

It does sound like a mis-wire rather than a failed part though. If it turns off when you switch the thermostat to "off", then something's a miss with the wiring. [Unless your FAN is in the 'on' position rather than 'auto' -]

Reply to
Zyp

Call your favorite competent HVAC tech???

Reply to
KJPRO

We can tell from the nail holes in your hands.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And the dancing singing Jews. ;-p

Reply to