Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?

Page 2 of 2
In article

You are correct, I looked it up in the Holy Bible of canning books, "Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving" ISBN-10: 077880139X On page 360, "On average, it takes 3 to 3.25 lbs of tomatoes to make one quart of juice". 7 quarts is about 22lbs. So I am way off, Thank you for correcting my mistake :(
I think, not postive now that my brain received a massive jolt. The number 56 is the average weight of a bushel of tomatoes. In the Bible The number is 53 for the average, Page 427.
It's not often I get a strong head smack, it hurts. Kneeling in penitence: Repeating: "I am not stupid" over and over until the pain goes away :(
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

It should be enough given the number you say you both eat, but then every year is different.
In my locale, I'd be planning on preserving quite a load of toms if I had that many plants for the two of us and I'd still give away a lot. I can normally do that from about 6-8 plants and the occasional volunteer plant but last year was a pig of a year and we only got enough for the table and friends.
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:30:15 -0400, White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

Plant early varieties and late varieties. Yield varies depending on sunlight, temperature, water, soil conditions, polinating insects, etc. Staking tomatoes may somewhat reduce the yield of a plant, allowing them to vine on the ground usually helps yield but you should the fruit off the ground with straw. A tomato plant in Ohio will typically outperform a similar tomato plant in east Tennessee because tomato plants like cooler nights.

Nightshades do much better with warm nights