Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?

You are correct, I looked it up in the Holy Bible of canning books, "Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving" ISBN-10: 077880139X On page 360, "On average, it takes 3 to 3.25 lbs of tomatoes to make one quart of juice". 7 quarts is about 22lbs. So I am way off, Thank you for correcting my mistake :(

I think, not postive now that my brain received a massive jolt. The number 56 is the average weight of a bushel of tomatoes. In the Bible The number is 53 for the average, Page 427.

It's not often I get a strong head smack, it hurts. Kneeling in penitence: Repeating: "I am not stupid" over and over until the pain goes away :(

Reply to
Dan L.

Plant early varieties and late varieties. Yield varies depending on sunlight, temperature, water, soil conditions, polinating insects, etc. Staking tomatoes may somewhat reduce the yield of a plant, allowing them to vine on the ground usually helps yield but you should the fruit off the ground with straw. A tomato plant in Ohio will typically outperform a similar tomato plant in east Tennessee because tomato plants like cooler nights.

Reply to
Phisherman

Nightshades do much better with warm nights

Reply to
brooklyn1

then he took out his hammer and saw...

Reply to