Livingstone daises

Hey all

First time here, only place I could think of to see if anyone had encountered this prob:- sparrows are eating my livingstone daisies! Its the first year this has happened and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and what can be done to deter the sparrows?

My daisy leaves are covered in little beak holes, the sparrows are just loving them and as much as I like the sparrows in my garden I'd rather they left my flowers alone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks Casps

Reply to
caspergl0w

I wish I had an answer to bird problems other than covering things with netting or spending every minute puttering around the garden.

My own problem is with starlings. Once the young ones fledge, they hang out in the veggie garden and peck at everything. They snip the buds from my squash plants and thrash my dill. They nip the flowers from my eggplants.

Worst of all, they wiped out the second planting of edamame by snipping off the sprouts.

They come in to feed off the mulberries the neighbor has allowed to grow up along the fence and then loiter in my vegetable garden.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks for the response Pat. Have decided to try foil ribbon and CDs on sticks to see if that maybe deters them, heres hoping.

Casps

Hey all First time here, only place I could think of to see if anyone had encountered this prob:- sparrows are eating my livingstone daisies! Its

the first year this has happened and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and what can be done to deter the sparrows? My daisy leaves are covered in little beak holes, the sparrows are just loving them and as much as I like the sparrows in my garden I'd rather they left my flowers alone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks[/i][/color]