Tomato Plants

Here it is October 29 and I'm getting the first tomatoes on my potted tomato plants! One on each of two plants. I planted them late and figured I'd never see any tomatoes.

If I take these plants indoors and keep them under a florescent light over the winter, will they continue to produce?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

It has been done. Surely if you do a Google search you will find info on the topic.

The question is whether it is worth all the extra wattage on your electric bill just to produce a few extra tomatoes?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

if they are as good as they are when they come out of the garden fresh I would say it's worth the extra expense... they're so expensive in the winter anyway and they are grainy.... hardly worth eating in my opinion. Colleen Ann Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

OP mentioned 2 tomatoes total on 2 plants as of 29 October. I would also advise spending time and money on a more productive hobby. Yes, fun to say you *have* produced an indoor tomato, but pretty small return.

Reply to
Frogleg