Whats with Wal Mart garden center (2024 Update)

One man's trash... :-) The gov't is peculiar about trash. To discourage theft in the form of declaring an item surplus and then retrieving it from the discard pile, no trash may be scavanged. Lovely big wooden packing crates, perfect for constructing playhouses or garden sheds, must be burned. There was even a long bureaucratic fight to start a volunteer-staffed recycling program for the thousands of soft drink cans used every day at a NASA site. I believe there *was* an officially-sanctioned program to give the Boy Scouts leftover electronics for their projects. The stuff we throw out is amazing. And the rules Kafka-esque. 2-day-old bread at my local supermarket

*must* be trashed -- can't be given away for bread crumbs or duck food. I saw video of someone in Afghanistan (I think) getting water in a positively biblical heavy clay jug, and I'm throwing away (recycling) virtually indestructable, lightweight 2-ltr soda bottles every day.

Thanks, BTW, to the OP with the WalMart hint. I'm definitely going to look into that (and into their dumpsters!).

Reply to
Frogleg

-- Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address http:// snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove nospam from email address

Reply to
Roy

I would love to get me some veggie plants so how do I do that one

Reply to
Nonie