what's a good gardenign magazine

I keep trying new magazines about gardenign I want a good one that helps you become a better gardener and has good techniqual advice and ideas for gardens and what not to do's and stuff like that not one that just shows gardens that no matter how much I gardened and how much money I had I could never achieve even if I was the queen of england he he :- ) got any good ideas ? thanks Michelle "Love is the water in the garden of life "

Reply to
Michelle

Somebody get me a copy of that good gardenign magazine too!!!

Maybe the sequel on garden reneging too!!!

Which one does the queen of England read?

Get me a carton of holy grails too, while you're at it!!!

"If gardening is the water in the kidneys of love life, who is responsible for getting out all the grass stains?"

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Over the years I've found "Fine Gardening" to be the best garden magazine.

Reply to
animaux

I like Garden Gate. It's practical, no ads, and not over the top. Check it out at

. I hope this helps.

Reply to
meanbeagle

There tons of good (and free) info on the Internet. Google is one search engine which has the ability to search for images, a great way to find out how plants are supposed to grow and look.

Your county extension agent (assuming you are in the US) should be able to counsel you. Most counties also have a master gardening program, a very good opportunity to learn and to connect with others.

Try a good library. Large cities usually have libraries with many mags from which to choose. Spend some time finding what you like. What others like is not necessarily something you can enjoy, too.

Contact the nearest botanical gardens. They're all over the US. Each should offer a reading room / library with references to keep your mind off the snow until tulips bloom.

Reply to
WiGard

Tide of corse

Reply to
Michelle

that

advice and

matter how

even

Organic Gardening.

And as far as the mags with the ornate gardens, you're not supposed to COPY them, er, "verbatim." You can steal ideas from here and there in several of them and develop a garden that actually looks lived in.

Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Nature encourages no looseness, pardons no errors. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Jim Lewis

Not a magazine but you might find something of what you want from the following links

(Try their news letter)

Reply to
David Hill

I like American Gardener. Cheryl